Xll

"Max! Wake up!" I said while shaking my older brother. He opened his eyes lazily seeming to adjust to the lighting. "Huh?" He questioned. Realization rushed into his eyes," you're ok!" He jumped up at an instant and tackle hugged me to the ground. "Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" The bandages over my eyes faltered a bit. "Why do you have bandages over your eyes?" Max pocked at the in between part of my eyes. "Alyssa says I have to keep them on for a while," Max looked at me weirdly," then how can you see?" I smiled smugly and faced max. "Magic, the author doesn't know and like any certain eyeless jack around... magic." Max lifted a brow and quirked it a bit. The silence defend and Max pulled me into a hug. The small gun of the stray hallway  lights beamed down on us.

"How did you get here anyways?" I questioned," your savior carried me here." I giggled a bit, and rested my head on Max's. "Awwww you're a princess now." He revolted and sat upright in an instant. Max's face was a chalky red. "N-no I'm not." I put my index finger to his nose. "Boop! You're one now." Max screamed in disgust, I started to cackle in laughter. There was a sudden bang in the hallway which I came from. Followed by a growl and a stabbing sound. I held my mouth over Max's and I crawled over to a open vent. Max followed hesitantly and closed up the entrance behind us. More heavy steps and gurgling came from around the corner, Max is beginning to pull at his black hair. I need to get him out of here. Putting him in front of me and motioning for him to move- it went silent. He continued to follow the vent and I carefully tacked the floor.
---------Quite awhile Later...---------

Filled with exhaustion, Max and I piled on top of each other trying to catch our breaths. Six year old bodies can't take to much of this anymore. Even the ringing in the vents has stopped, I didn't know they worked. Now that I think about it, how are we even able to breathe in this hellish environment? Oh yah, were already dead. Tink tink tink... I raised my head and looked around the dark atmosphere. Then above me where pale light shine through the vent. A drop pitted onto the top of my nose.  It was raining.

Hai sorry guys for any of my story updates I'm in school again and my writing is most required there. So undated from now on are going to be few far and between. Thanks for being so patient. *Hugs you guys.* sorry still tho.

Hugs
- Decaying author