XVIII

I can't move, my ankles and wrists are tied in something cold. A large heat wave is roasting me and I'm swaying somewhere. Why? Where am I? Is Max here? Creak

Oh no. "Wake up little one~."

Something cold and sharp began to slowly take off my bandages. I saw the layers unfold one by one until they were off. A stream of light hit my eyes like a dagger. I recoiled instantly and shut my eyes hard.

"What do you want fwrom me?" I slowly began to open my eyes adjusting to the light.

"Well, maybe your body for sure, maybe soul at that." My vision broadens fast enough to see Alyssa crudely smirking at me.

She had grown back a part of her flesh, but it was still mostly muscle. Chanting could be heard around me.

"Anna weh, ooh ahah wheh omma foramt..."

I looked to my right gasping in surprise to see the church goers slurring 'holy' prayers.

     "Surprised? I think so." Alyssa giggled at her statement.

      Why are they doing this? I thought they were only loyal to-

"Alyssa my dear, no need to scare your young protege'." Said a voice to my left. It seemed familiar. My eyes widened this time fully adjusted to the area.

"No... you can't..." I trailed off. I looked to my left to see the Head on a small overhead. Barbwires lined the banister. Alyssa was hanging off it. What was below me then?

I tried to cram my neck and look down. They striped me of my shirt. The cross on my chest is visible now. It's dead center now. What's worse... oh god.

    I'm above  a blipping hole. Wow! I sometimes hate being a six year old, I can't comprehend why this is happening. Who knows....

"It's probably just a bad dream," I mumbled . Alyssa looked back at me questioningly.

   "What did you say?" She asked.

   I looked up to her tears welding up in my eyes," It's just a bad dream... it's jwust a braad dream. It's... a... dream!"

   My voice cracked and my throat hurts. I let my neck hang down to my collar bone and my hair cloak over my face. Alyssa smiled crudely.

      "Don't worry, it'll be all over soon. You're right, it's just a dream."