Chapter 2

"Spencer!", "Oh gosh, we were worried about you, where have you been?" my parents asked, jumping off of my couch in the barn. "I'm fine, I was out, it's only 8:00, I'm an adult, why are you so worried?" I asked, extremely confused by their sudden behavior. My dad took a step closer to me, "Jason told us you were visiting Mary Drake" my dad sighed. Oh. My. Goodness. Are you kidding me? What the heck!. "What, why were you talking to Jason?" I asked. "He came over and said that you were going over to Mary Drake's house, he was worried and we're glad he told us Spencer. We don't want you near her, she's dangerous." my dad replied taking another step. I looked back and forth between my two parents. WOW. "Spencer..." my mom began before I turned around and ran out the door.

I'm going to kill Jason. Ugh. I can't stand him. I marched over to his house and walked right through the unlocked door. "Spencer, is everything alright?" Molly asked from the kitchen. I ignored her and continued my journey to the living room where I could see Jason sitting on the couch. "REALLY JASON! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!" I yelled once I was standing in front of the couch. "Whoa, Spence, calm down. What's wrong?" Jason asked calmly as he slowly stood up from the couch. "What's wrong?!? You! What is your problem? Why can't you just leave me and my stupid life alone? GOSH!" I screamed. "Spence, I was worried, I didn't want you to get hurt, Mary Drake is dangerous." Jason replied, reaching for my arm. I pulled away and screamed again, "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!". Tears were streaming down my face as I ran out of his house. "SPENCE!" I heard him shout as he ran after me. I ran to my car and quickly got in and locked the doors. I didn't have my keys, but this was the easiest way to lock myself from Jason. He was outside of my car door, banging on my window, but I ignored him. I brought my knees up to my chest and started to bawl my eyes out.

"Spencer, please. Unlock the car" Jason begged for the millionth time. I shook my head again, "Go away! I hate you!" "Spencer, you don't mean that." he replied. I've officially had enough. I've been in this car for 45 minutes and I have a feeling Jason isn't going anywhere. I unlocked the door and pushed it open. "YES JASON, I DO!" I started bawling all over again, and Jason tried putting his arm around me. "STOP!" I shouted, "Just stop", my body was shaking uncontrollably as I sat in the drivers seat crying. Jason took a step back and sat in the grass, "Spence, would you at least tell me why this is such a big deal?" "Please?" he asked me, still calm.

"SHE'S ALL I HAVE! HER AND TOBY!" I cried, trying my best to get him to go away, that didn't work, he was still sitting there. "My friends, are all busy, either married, have kids, or both. My parents don't love me Jason." I cried, "Yes they do Spencer." "NO! They don't. They don't love me like my friends parent's love them. And Melissa couldn't possibly hate me anymore, you clearly hate me, I had a half sister that tried to kill me and my friends all throughout high school, and I have an evil twin sister that has tried to kill me and my friends. That leaves me with Toby, who is always away for work, and Mary Drake. And you keep trying your best to take her from me too." I cried, my shirt soaked, "I'm just so tired, Jason. I don't want to do this anymore"

I didn't even realize Jason had got up and put his arm around me while I was crying. I was to tired, exhausted to pull away, so I just kept crying. "Spencer, I don't hate you, I love you. You're a MUCH better sister then Ali. And Melissa won't even talk to me let alone consider me her brother. And Charolette was only my cousin that my mom adopted that I barely knew, and I've never met this Alex girl, but she seems awful." He replied, rubbing his hand up and down my arm. I laughed joylessly, "She is" "Come on, why don't you go inside and go to bed." Jason suggested. I shook my head. "Will you get my keys off of the counter in the barn?" I asked. He nodded and returned with my keys after a couple minutes.

"Where are you going to go?" he asked me, sounding like he actually cared. "It doesn't matter" I replied, not caring where I end up, at that point, I wouldn't have cared if I ended up back in Charolette's bunker, or in Alex's crazy cage, I had given up. "That's not ok Spence, do you want to sleep in the guest bedroom at my house?" he asked, waiting for a reply. I laughed a genuine laugh, "No, I'll just go to Toby's cabin, give me the keys" I responded holding my hand out, he put the keys in my hand, but didn't let go, "Will you text me when you get there?" Jason asked. What is with his sudden mood change? See, I told you he was overprotective. "No." I replied, and grabbed the keys out of his hand as he sighed.