Chapter 4

When I woke up in my Mom's guest bedroom, soon to be mine, I went into the kitchen where my mom had begun making bacon. "Good morning. How did you sleep?" "Good, I think I'm gonna go get my stuff from the barn today. Then maybe I'll go visit Toby." I responded, sharing my agenda for the day with her. "I know it's not anywhere close to as fun as being with Toby, but do you want to visit Alex with me?" My mom asked, sitting down across from me at the table. I sighed and looked down, resting my cheek on my hand, "What time?"

I got out of the car and walked up to the barn. I went inside to get all of my stuff, and luckily, no one came to stop me. I was packing the last drawer of clothes when I came across Toby's old blue shirt I stole. I love him so much, I couldn't help but smile a big goofy grin, "What are you smiling at?" I quickly turned to my left to see Jason grinning down at me, "So you're really going through with it?" Jason said in more of a statement than a question. I nodded my head and turned back to the drawer that contained less than 10 shirts. "I'll miss having you around, now I'll just have annoying neighbors with no plus side." He said, I really didn't get the point of this conversation, but it was kinda awkward.

"Why are you here?" I asked, getting straight to the point. "I just wanted to say goodbye, I hope you'll be happy." he stated, leaning against the door way to my bedroom, "Me too." I replied, turning to face him. There was some more awkward silence before he spoke, "Well, I should probably get going, I wouldn't want to hold you up." he said, taking his weight off of my door frame, "Yeah, I have to go see Alex at 2, so I better finish up here." I replied. I could see him scrunch his eyebrows together, clearly uneasy about me visiting her, but he left me in peace.

I got the last box in the trunk of my car, and then I got in, driving home. When I got home, Toby came out of the house and came to my car. "What are you doing here?" I smiled, looking up at him from the inside of my car, the window rolled down. "I came to see you" he replied with a big smile before leaning down to give me a kiss. I cut the kiss short when I noticed my mom smiling from the porch. "Wanna help me carry some boxes inside?" I asked, looking down as my cheeks turned pink. "Nothing would bring me more pleasure."

Once all 4 boxes were placed in my new bedroom, Toby kissed my neck before leaving, "I'll see you later, be careful." "Will do, love you!" "I love you more" he replied kissing me once more before leaving my bedroom. Then my mom came in smiling. "What?" I asked, trying to figure out why she was smiling. She smiled larger and shook her head, "Nothing, I just don't know how you could possibly forgive me for everything I've done."

"How could I not forgive you? You gave me up in Radley for a better life, what else could you have done?" I asked, truly not knowing what else she could have done. "If I had never gone to help Jessica babysit, I would have never gone to the Radley, and I could have raised you, and your sister. If I had raised her she would be perfectly fine, and you would have a sister you got along with. If I wasn't in the Radley, I could have raised Charolette, and she would have been ok, and alive. Spencer, if I had never gone to help Jessica that night, you would have 2 healthy siblings, you would have never dealt with -A, or A.D." she replied, tears streaming down her face. I sighed, she had a pretty good point, but I had a better one.

"Well, if you never went to help Jessica babysit, and never got sent to the Radley, you never would have wanted to get back at her, and you never would have slept with my dad, and you would have never had me. Or Alex." Her eyes widened in realization, "I love you" she said, looking at me with a smile. I didn't know what to say, so I just smiled back and gave her a hug. "Alright, go get in the car, we don't want to be late."

"You don't have to go in if you don't want to." my mom said once she parked the car. I didn't want to go in for one second, I never did. I looked down at my hands. "It's ok, you can stay in the car." my mom said, before squeezing my knee with a reassuring hand. "Thank you" I replied.

When my mom got back in the car, about an hour later, she told me all about her visit with Alex, and during that visit, the nurses said that Alex was making progress, and would most likely be able to come home in about a year. SHOOT

=================A/N=================

If anyone is ever reading this story, and has any ideas, please comment. I'm awful at continuing stories after I start them and suggestions are more than welcome. Thank You.