Chapter 3

When I woke up, Toby was still sleeping. I checked my phone and discovered 3 missed calls from Jason, and 2 from my parents, one from each. I was still wrapped in Toby's warm embrace, wearing his blue long sleeve shirt as a night gown. I texted Jason to tell him I was fine, and he shockingly replied within seconds, saying thank you. I crawled out of Toby's warm embrace, and a shiver went down my back. I then decided to make banana chocolate chip pancakes.

"Hey" Toby said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me as I finished making the last pancake. "Those smell good" he said, resting his chin on my shoulder. "Are you ok?" he asked me, I shrugged, "Do you wanna talk about it?" I shook my head. "OK" he said as he planted a kiss on my cheek. "I love you so much" I said, turning to face him, "I love you so much more" he replied, poking my nose. I smiled and took the last pancake off the pan. We sat at the breakfast bar and ate our pancakes in a comfortable silence.

"What are you doing today?" Toby asked once we both finished our pancakes. "Moving out" I replied. He raised his eyebrows and looked at me shocked. "I've decided it'd be best if I lived away from everyone, so I decided to move in with my mom. Besides, her house is closer to your cabin then the barn is." I replied, smiling at the thought of being closer to Toby. He slowly nodded, "Are you sure this is what you want?" Toby asked with concern, I nodded, "Positive"

When I left Toby's cabin, I decided to stop at Home Depot to get some moving boxes. I then went straight to the barn. I opened the door and found a note on my counter, (Stay safe, Love Jason). I smiled and set the note down before going into my bedroom. I had only emptied one drawer of clothes when my parents came in. "What are you doing?" my mom asked. "Packing" I replied with no emotion. "What? Why? Where are you going?" my mom asked, I felt bad with my response, but I didn't know what other way to put it, "I'm moving in with my mom." I could see the pain in her face when I referred to Mary Drake as my mom, and pretty much told her I was picking Mary Drake over her.

"I'm sorry, what? Why? That's not happening, I won't allow it" My dad said while pressing his eyebrows together. "I wasn't looking for your permission, I'm an adult. I can make my own decisions." I replied. "No, why would you do this?" he asked, confusion drowning his voice. "Because, I'm not happy here." "And you think you will be there? Spencer what are you talking about?" my mom asked, tears pricking her eyes. "It's not that big of a deal, Melissa moved out and you did't get upset then, why aren't you happy for me?" I asked, already annoyed. "Because Spencer! Melissa moved out on her own to start her life, you're picking someone you barely know over the people that raised you." My mom replied, almost shouting. "I'll come back for my stuff later" I replied, and walked out of the barn with my phone and keys.

===============Mary's House==============

"Spencer!" my mom shouted when she opened the door. She put her arms out for a hug and I easily accepted, "Mom" I mumbled into her shoulder, "Don't let go." She brought me to the couch and I rested my head on her lap while she played with my hair, I felt more loved by her in those 10 seconds then I ever had living with my other parents.

We were in the garden, planting flowers, laughing, and for once in a long time, I felt complete. "SPENCER!" a familiar voice shouted from behind me, great. I turned around to look at her, "What is it?" I asked. "Really! Mom and Dad just called up crying, begging me to talk some sense into you, I drove an hour to get here Spencer, so you better be planning on coming back with me." "Well Melissa, I can make one promise, and that is that I will not, be going with you" I replied, tired of the conversation. Melissa rolled her eyes and looked at Mary Drake, "You should be ashamed of yourself, tearing our family apart like this, your a monster!" "MELISSA!" I shouted, Mary put a reassuring hand on my leg, "It's fine" she told me, she then turned to Melissa, "Seems to me, you guys didn't need my help tearing your family apart, you guys were broken long before I came around." she shot back. Melissa was speechless, and began to walk away when my mom and I high fived.

"Spencer, don't ruin all of your relationships just to live with me" my mom stated in the middle of dinner. "I'm not, Toby and I are just the same, as far as I'm concerned, I'm building a new relationship, and if someone has a problem with it, so be it." She smiled and reached her hand across the small dining table to hold my hand, "Thank you."