Too Late

Ruru's

She's engaged. But not with me.

See that's what you get from being a coward all along Ruru. The thought that I can never be the man who's going to make Glaiza happy for the rest of her life is what kills me inside. I know I can make her happy, but nothing's going to change since now.

Seeing the smile of her face makes me happy a ton, but it would be much better if it's from me right?

My best friend, the girl of my dreams is never going to be mine. She has waited so long for this and I have no right to take it away from her for my own advantage, I can't. The smile in her eyes hits my conscience.

But again, I hope it was me.

It's 2am and I'm thirsty, I'll probably just go out my room, Glaiza and Marx might be sleeping now. They were a loud mess earlier, how fun to hear.

I was about to open the door when I heard their conversation. I know I shouldn't, but I eavesdropped.

"I hope Ruru didn't mind hearing us earlier."

"Oh, of course he won't. He does it to me all the time when he brings his girlfriends here."

"Great." I can hear him giggle.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay baby? I could really use a cuddle all night."

You can always come by my room Glai.

"I would love to but you know how early my flight is right?"

I hear Glaiza sighing and she sounds sad. "Two weeks right?"

"And I'll be back really quick baby, I promise" I can hear them kiss.

"I'm really gonna' miss you."

"You know I'm gonna miss you even more... Two weeks is fast Glai I can guarantee you that, you wouldn't even realize that it has been two weeks already." He tried making her laugh.

Glaiza didn't respond, it's total silence I hear. And a second later, I heard her voice. "I'm just really gonna miss you..."

"That's why I did the proposal, I don't want to waste time. I want that when I come back, I come back to my future wife."

"It sounds like you're dying, idiot." She giggles.

"I'm not." they are laughing.

"Just be back to me safe okay?"

"Yes my love."

"No man can ever make me happy like you do Marx."

"And I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have a woman as precious as you are in my life, I love you Glai."

"I love you too..."

There was total silence, so they're probably kissing.

Little did I know that I was in tears already. I'm not like this, I don't cry. But knowing that the love of your life will never be yours anymore is enough judgement to do so. I just went back to bed.

I haven't talked to Glaiza since last night, and I don't think I will ever have those great moments with her again.

I tried to fall asleep, at least my heart and mind can rest for a little while.

...

I was in a peaceful, deep sleep until I feel coldness on my face. It's irritating me. I fluterred my eyes.

And I started to hear soft giggles, like it's trying to be as silent as it could be. And I slowly recognized the giggles, it's familiar. I completely opened my eyes.