What If?

Glaiza's

I fluttered my eyes and all I could see are furnitures that I don't even have in my own room. That only means one thing... shit, I slept with a stranger.

I rubbed my temples and turned to my side

Holy cow, MARX?!

Great, good job Glaiza. You just slept with the man who left you.

I slowly stood up from the bed, tiptoed my way out of his room.

I was about to leave but too late, he's awake now.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't go, Glaiza. This isn't a one night stand where you can just leave the next morning." He smirked.

I nervously laughed with him. "Ha ha. Well, you left me."

He sighed hard and knew that I needed explanation. "Come on Glai, I thought I made it clear already. I'm so sorry, I wasn't really just ready. But I love you, you're my only baby girl."

I couldn't help but cave in. I hugged him tight not wanting to let go.

We talked for several hours. I think it was best not to tell him about Ruru and what happened last night at the bar.

"Marx, I have to go. Thank you for last night." I smiled. "It was amazing but i can't go anywhere beyond that, I hope you understand."

Yes, Marx was a very great part of my life. I did love him. He made me happy. And even if he made a mistake, I'm still thankful for it paved the way for me to realize that it was only one person all along.

One person that I could live forever with.

One person that I know could make me happy and accept me for who I am.

One person who I can totally be myself with. Let him see my flaws and my deepest, darkest secrets.

One person who has always been there, by my side.

One person who I almost slipped in my hands. But this time, I'm sure.

One person who loves me with all his heart.

One person who I love and will for the rest of my life.

One person who I want to have a family with. Oh, how beautiful it is to think of him being the father of my children.

One person.

Ruru.

It has always been him, I just ignored it all the time. But not anymore.

Marx looked down and slowly looked up to me, flashing me a weak smile. A smile of defeat and victory. A smile that he is letting me go. "I understand."

I tiptoed and kiss his right cheek for the last time.

Ruru's

I lazily put cereal in my bowl and went to the living room to play xbox.

I was about to sit down when the door opened. It's Glaizaand she looks I dont know, different? She has an after sex hair right now.

"Where did you go last night?" I asked her immediately.

"None of your business. You're just my best friend." She emphasized the word 'Just' and rolled her eyes at me.

What a baby. I went to her and grabbed her wrist before she could go straight to her room. "What is the matter again? Huh? You walked out last night, you left me at the bar."

"What's the matter?! Why don't you ask yourself, Ruru? Why can't you love me?"

"Are you serious right now? Are we really gonna' have this kind of conversation at 9 in the morning?"

"You know what? This reminds me of when we were in 8th grade. I had a crush on you." I widened my eyes from what she just said. I honestly never knew this. "Yes, now you know. I did, Ruru. Wasn't it too obvious? I'm the one who does your homework, your projects and everything! You are a fucking lazy retard. And one time, I heard you talking to Gabriella who was your #1 crush in school, I heard you saying that I will never ever have the chance to be your girlfriend because I'm just your bestfriend... nothing more. And since then, I promised myself I will never ever look into your eyes like how I did back then. I will never feel the same way but then my mom just reminded me of how perfect it would be if we just dated already, now here I am, in love with my fucking bestfriend, not again, still. This is so hard for me Ruru, sometimes it seems like you love me too and sometimes it seems very obvious that we're just friends."

"Don't even talk about how hard it is because you've never been there, Glai. I was the one who fell in love for a very long time now! Until reality slapped me in the face and I started to move on from you when you dated Marx. I don't want to lose our friendship as we've been through a lot together in the years we've known each other but I'd rather save my heart for someone who I know is going to give me her heart fully in return. "

She grabbed my hand and looked deeply into my eyes. "But Ruru, what if... what if I'm that someone? What if I'm ready to give my everything to you?"

I just stared blankly and examined her beautiful face. Wake up, Ruru. This is Glaiza, the woman you've been dreaming to have. Don't lose this Ruru, don't.

I'm not taking any chances. I grabbed her. "What was I thinking?"

I kissed her lips... finally.