Skinny Jean Clad Arse.

Just some things you need to know.

China is dead, killed by Darquesse

Ravel, Ghastly and Mist are no longer the Elders.

Darquesse has also killed Mist.

Ravel is not a traitor, therefore Ghastly and Anton are still alive.

The Council of Elders are Corrival Deuce, Mr. Bliss and Thurid Guild.

Tanith Low is in gaol.

Kenspeckle Grouse is alive.

Valkyrie Cain got dressed into clothes that weren't her combat gear for a change and tried not to poke her eye out with the mascara brush. To say she was excited was an understatement. After her five years away, the Dead Men decided to have a little get together at the local club.

With Skulduggery Pleasant due at the door any minute, Valkyrie hurriedly pulled on one of her boots, when the doorbell rung. With Skulduggery's warning about the two hormonal men in the car, Valkyrie walked down stairs and opened the door, her other shoe in her hand.

Skulduggery stood there, in all his skeleton glory, wearing a sharp suit and looking as impeccable as ever. She raised her eyebrow at his attire and he cocked his head, "what? It's not everyday I get to show off my fashion sense. I'll take any chance I can get, thank you very much. Now get your skinny jean clad arse in the beautiful car that belongs to the beautiful me. Oh, and be a dear and put your other shoe on."

Before she could hit him with said shoe, he turned and walked away, back down to the Bentley.

As soon as she slid into the passenger side Saracen and Dexter started hitting on her. She didn't really know why, everyone could see they were in love with each other.

And besides, no one knew about it yet, but she was taken.

"Hey, sexy," Dexter said, his voice low and dangerous, and Valkyrie just rolled her eyes.

"Hello, Dex."

Before Dexter could continue, Saracen cut in. "So how goes the great Valkyrie Cain? Still saving the world?"

Valkyrie laughed, "I try, but with idiots like you two stumbling around, it makes me wonder why I do it. But enough about me. Are you still eating too much, Mr. Rue?"

Dexter sniggered, "too much?" He asked, appalled. "I don't think anything with my fat little man is simply too much."

"Hey!"

Dexter didn't stop there, "not my fault you need to go onto the Biggest Loser. Ha! You would literally be the biggest loser!"

"Don't be too mean, Dexter. He doesn't need an excuse for comfort food." Valkyrie laughed.

"True." Dexter said, a smile on his face.

"So, Val," Saracen said, "you still single?"

So here it came. Valkyrie purposefully kept her eyes away from the skeleton beside her, who was uncharacteristically silent. "No, actually, I'm not."

Skulduggery started growled beside her, and she tried her best to ignore him.

"Who?" Dexter asked, eyes wide.

No use prolonging the inevitable, so Valkyrie said his name, a sigh on her lips, "Erskine Ravel."

Saracen cursed, Dexter muttered luck bastard and Skulduggery ceased all noise, remaining quiet beside Valkyrie.