I Have Taught You Well

She smiled. And it was a beautiful smile. It was the kind of smile that someone made when they had accomplished something that everyone said they wouldn't be able to accomplish. And she did what she was told, and then some.

The girl had a little victory dance to herself, feeling proud of herself for the first time in a while. She stopped dancing, her face going to stoic when her phone rang.

"Is it done?" She melted at the voice she had been hearing since she was ten years old. Now she was at the ripe age of 143 and she hadn't even met this guy.

"Yes, sir. I led her parent's into the trap and have given them to Telesha. She said the sacrifice will be able to happen in three days, one the night of the full moon."

"Good girl, I am proud of you. Have the rest of the day off, and treat yourself."

The line went dead but the girl didn't care. Treat yourself. Everyone back at the camp had been waiting half their lives to hear those words.

Her old Nokia pinged with an oncoming message, and she looked down at the bank details.

Treat herself indeed.

**(o)(o)**

Once they were in the car, Ravel frowned.

"Hey, Valkyrie how did you know it was Skulduggery was calling you earlier?"

She laughed, "I have set him a particular ringtone on my phone, so I know that it's him ringing and that if I don't pick up he'll have a royal fit." She shrugged, "and people's feelings and body's hurt all because I thought it could have been someone else calling me. It'd be a stupid reason for the end of humanity."

Ravel laughed along with her, "fair enough," he said softly. She returned his smile and they continued on to Gordon's house.

Once they arrived, Valkyrie distributed rooms to everyone, and led Ravel into her room. "Why don't you have the master?"

Valkyrie looked over, "because it was Gordon's. And because Skulduggery wanted it," she laughed. "I don't know why, he only uses the chair."

Ravel didn't join in on her laughter and she sobered, looking at him, confused. "What?" She asked.

Ravel sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "Okay, I know I shouldn't be, but I'm jealous."

"Of what?" Valkyrie raised an eyebrow, "Skulduggery?"

Ravel didn't say anything, just nodded. Valkyrie raised an eyebrow, "first of all, ew. Second of all, ew. Skulduggery is my best friend, Erskine. Nothing more, and nothing less." She walked over, kissed his forehead, "you have nothing to worry about. Now I'll be back, I'm just getting a drink."

**(o)(o)**

"Valkyrie, why are you even with Erskine? You do know he will most likely drop you once he's bored?"

Valkyrie sighed, resting against the counter, blowing into her steaming cup of coffee, "yeah, I know."

"Then why are you staying with him?"

"Because it's fun. He's fun. We're fun. And besides, a girl of my age, should get hurt by more than one guy. I'll need to toughen up some how."

She could hear the humour in his voice, "you are a confusing child. But, do know that if he hurts you, I get to punch him more than once. I'm here for you."

She laughed, "I know. And I'm here for me too, if he does end up hurting me, I want to punch him a few times as well. We can take turns."

Skulduggery laughed darkly, "I have taught you well, my dear, well indeed."

**(o)(o)**

"Ryan are you sure? He's never told us to actually go to her before."

"Well, his highness had no problems when I brought it up with him. Maybe he wants to mix it up a little."

They stood side by side, staring at the massive house as the start of the massive drive way.

A part of Kate couldn't believe it was happening. This was the second mission that He had sent her on. And it was a big one. If she messed this one up, it would all go to shit.

Kate sighed, gave Ryan a shaky smile and yanked on her suitcase, pulling it up the driveway and towards the home of Valkyrie Cain.

Again, the girl was needed for the blood running through her veins.