(1): Meaningless

Written: 6/19/17 

(For those who never heard the song)

'It's been a year, Ash. She sees you as nothing more than a fuck buddy. She doesn't see you the way you want. Why do you do this to yourself?' My inner voice scolds me. For that reason, I can't sleep. The euphoric waves from about an hour ago still aches between my legs. My arm is draped across her torso, my head on her shoulder.

She's sleeping soundly with her arm around me. Her neck having two adjacent hickies on her pulse point. I already know her back is streaked red from me. We're not even lovers. We just craved to be touched; or feel anything at all, really. 

I look up at her features. Her almost pitch black hair, her vibrant green eyes behind her closed lids, her slightly tanned skin, her long eyelashes. Everything about her is captivating. Her bare chest rises and falls; light snores coming from her. It's amazing how this goddess-like girl has this effect on me.

A soft sigh escapes my lips and I quietly ease out of bed. I grab her The 1975 T-shirt off of the floor and slip it on. I run my fingers through my long blue hair as I look at her sleeping figure. She shifts a little and groans. A small smile makes its way on my face. I glance down at the nightstand where my phone is. I check it, seeing that I have 12 messages and 18 missed calls from my best friend, Melanie.

-Ash, wya? Sent at 2:33am
-I hope you're ok. I'm borderline scared.😩 Sent at 2:38am
-Answer me, you dickhead!😤 Sent at 2:39am
-ASSSSHHHH Sent at 2:39am
-Frangipane, Imma kick your ass when I c u😠😠 Sent at 2:39am
-Fuckn answer ur texts!! Sent at 2:40
-R U DEAD??😱 Sent at 2:48am
-Wya? I'm really worried😞😞 Sent at 2:49
-I'm about to cry😢 Sent at 2:49am
-R u w Lauren? I saw her there 2 Sent at 2:49am
-Seriously, tmb Sent at 2:52am
-Bitch.....😒😒 Sent at 2:54am

I see that it's 3AM, so I send a quick text saying I'm OK. I bite my lip and look around at our clothes scattered all over the room. I shudder thinking about the last hour an a half. I shake my head, trying to forget about the mind blowing, meaningless encounter. I guide myself to the kitchen and pour a bowl of cereal. As I pour the milk, my phone vibrates on the island.

-FUCK!!! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!! I LITERALLY CRIED FOR LIKE AN HOUR!!! U PUSSY!!! 😠😤 Sent at 3:04am

Heh, I am what I eat! I chuckle and reply back. I grab a spoon and take a bite of Fruity Pebbles. I nearly screamed when I feel a pair of arms around me and a breath on my neck. "Couldn't sleep, I take it," she states, kissing my neck. I shiver, already feeling that dull ache again. She continues her assault on my neck and I let out a moan.

"Lauren, no more." She unwraps herself from me and sits on a stool in front of me. I see she's wearing a Lana Del Rey shirt without a bra and some sweats. "What're you doing up?" Her eyes glisten a bit. I know that look. I clear my throat and go back to my cereal. "I'm pretty sure this whole apartment complex know my name," she says. I look up at her and she raises an eyebrow. I shake my head, "Don't get cocky, Laur."

She chuckles, "Am I lying?" I hum, "I dunno what other people hear." I take another mouthful of cereal. My phone vibrates and I check it.

-Are u with Lauren? Sent at 3:08am

          Sent at 3:09am -Yea, so I'm good

-Y'all fucked, ddnt it?😏Sent at 3:09am

Sent at 3:09am-What do u think?

She leaves me on SEEN so I lock my phone back. I take another spoonful, but I look up at Lauren. She has this deep thinking look on her face. "What?" She bites on her lip slightly, "Just thinking about how hot you sounded when you came." I nearly choke on my food. Why does this girl have to be so blunt? My cheeks heat up and I run my hand through my hair. "You..., y'know?" I stop eating completely and look at her. "Lauren, not now. I'm still feeling it." She quirks a brow, "Yeah?" I roll my eyes, "Yeah."

She smirks and licks her lips slowly. Fuck, that tongue. I squeeze my thighs together and she gets up. She makes her way back over to me. She stands behind me and smacks my ass. I yell out, but it turns into a moan as she squeezes it. She pulls my hair so that I'm looking at her. "Are you sure about that?" Her voice gets raspier and lower. I stare into those eyes. Lust swirling in those deep greens.

"Yes, I am," she releases me and I take a big bite of my cereal. I look into the bowl as if it were the most interesting thing. She sits in front of me, and I could tell she's staring at me. I glance up, she has her arms folded on the island. "Seems like you still need it." "But I don't."

She smirks, "Defiant, are we, Frangipane?" I shrug, eating the last of the cereal. I go over to the sink to wash my dishes. As I put them in the dish rack to dry, I feel her wrap her arms around me again. She nibbles on my ear and I close my eyes. She sure knows how to make a girl weak in one touch.

"One more, Princesa. Want a little something before I go." That's her problem, she'll fuck then leave. I've known she would, but a little part of me wanted her to stay. Just this once.

"Okay."