(12): Bad At Love

I seriously need to get a hold of myself. I just got done with calling things off with Lucy and Vero, but I feel even shittier than before. I know why, but Hell would freeze over before I let that shit pass my lips. Not again will I be so stupid. Right, you're very fucking stupid. I groan internally, trying to get to my lonely home without getting into a wreck. I glance over at my phone ringing in the passenger seat.

Since the roads are pretty busy this time of day, I pull into a Subway parking lot and answer.

Jauregui.

The line goes dead before I could receive an answer. I look at my phone, seeing the area code isn't even in Miami. I shake my head, annoyed that someone wasted some of my already dying battery life. I toss it back on the seat and rest my head on the steering wheel. "What the fuck is wrong with me?"

I exhale, lifting my head, and starting the car again. I pull off, not really setting a destination. I exhale, feeling a little strange. I turn my A/C up and turn the volume up on the radio. I smile slightly when I hear my favorite song.

Cause we're the masters of our own fate
We're the captains of our own souls
So there's no need for us to hesitate
We're all alone, let's take control
And I was like...

Take off, take off
Take off all your clothes
Take off, take off
Take off all your clothes
Take off, take off
Take off all of your clothes
They say only the good die young
That just ain't right
'Cause we're having too much fun
Too much fun tonight, yeah

I start to sing along, all of the thoughts of today vanishing momentarily. My phone flashes an incoming call. I groan, turning the radio down. I pick up my phone and swipe to the green button; not checking the caller ID.

Jauregui.

Hello? Hey, Lauren, it's me.

Oh, hey, Ally. I, um, I got a lot of things on my mind at the moment.

Awe, wanna come sort it out?

Yeah, not the way you're thinking, though. I kinda wanna stop this.

Wait, what?

Ally, I gotta cut what we have off. I already talked to Vero, Lucy, Diane and Camila. It's only making things worse for us.

*silence*

Hello?

Y-yeah...so, you're not-

I'm stopping all of this. It's not fair to any of you. I use you guys just to fill this void that she created.

You can't keep blaming it all on her, Lauren.

She's the reason I started this, Ally!

I know! But that was over a year ago! Stop doing this

Just a second ago, you wanted me to come over and sort this out. So, what do you want from me?