(2): Count It

After going at it again, I went against myself and stayed a little longer. I'll leave at around 9 or 10, I tell myself. She passes the newly lit blunt to me as we sit up against her headboard. I inhale, immediately relaxing. I throw my head back against the headboard, closing my eyes.

I sigh contently, momentarily forgetting where I am. I take another, long, well needed drag. I rest the blunt between my index and middle finger. The music playing on her phone from her speaker playing in the background. I move my lips along with the song.

I open my eyes, turning my head towards Ashley. I pass it to her with my left hand since she was on my right. She take it, singing some of the lyrics to the song. She brings it up to her lips, taking a drag. I turn my head opposite of her, grunting as I get up. "Where are you going?" I furrow my eyebrows, slipping my jeans on. Damn, she's so fucking clingy. "Just going to pick up something to eat. What do you want?"

She looks down at her lap, biting on her bottom lip, mumbling. She always does this when she's thinking. "Cookout," she finally says. I nod, "M'kay, text me what you want." I leave out of the room. I grab my keys from the island. I take my leather jacket off of the couch and go to open the door. Ashley stops me before I could touch the knob. "I meant to tell you that your brother called while you were asleep."

I knit my brows together, moving my eyes. I'm basically telling her I don't care with my facial expression. She crosses her arms over her chest, "It looks as if you haven't checked your phone." I suck my teeth, "And?" She raises an eyebrow, my phone in her hand. I snatch it from her, making her exhale sharply, "Fucking asshole." I smirk, "Thanks, Frangipane."

I open the door, deciding against putting on my jacket. I'll just leave it in my car so I wouldn't have so much to carry. I get into my car, tossing my jacket and phone in the passenger seat. I turn the car on, my A/C immediately hitting my face. I drive out of the complex, heading to Cookout.

I internally prayed that I wouldn't see anyone I know there. I could just go through the drive thru, but I don't like drive thrus, I just don't. There isn't a tragic back story, or no shit like that. I got there quicker than I thought. Maybe because I was daydreaming. I park in a free space and got out. I groan because I'm barely high. I'm way less irritable when I'm high.

I get inside, internally rolling my eyes at the small line. God, I hate people. I curse to myself mentally, realizing I forgot my phone. I jog out to my car, going to the passenger side. I grab my phone, seeing Ashley already texted her order.

Chicken strip box w honey mustard, fries, and hush puppies. A cookies n cream milkshake, too.

I roll my eyes, walking back. I stuff my phone in my pocket.

***
When I get back to her apartment, she's sitting on the couch, watching Orange Is The New Black. I hand her her food, receiving a 'thank you'. I set the cup holder on the table, sitting next to her. I take my milkshake, also cookies n cream, and sip on it. "What season is this?" I ask. Without looking at me, she goes, "Four." "What episode?" ""Bunny Skull, Bunny Skull."" I nod, turning my attention to the screen. We stay silent, taking occasion sips for our styrofoam cups. I check my phone, seeing its only 7.

I groan, shaking my leg impatiently. Another thing about me is, when I say I'd do something, I'll follow up. No matter how much I hate it. I don't know, I guess that's a part from my stubbornness.

I stopped paying attention to what was happening after a while. I sip a little more of my melting milkshake. I glance over at Ashley eating her chicken tenders. She looks like a little kid watching cartoons. I shake my head, slightly amused. She looks over at me, looking annoyed, "What?" I laugh, "You look like a fucking kid!" She flicks me off and I shrug.

Once the episode ended and it was already counting down to go to another episode, Ashley turns off the TV. She finish off her tenders and move to her untouched fries. I get up and go to her kitchen. I make myself a sandwich, not wanting to spend money on food in the first place. Originally, I was going to Ally's or maybe, Vero's. I only lied so she'd just let me go this time.

Usually, when I'm ready to leave, it turns into a screaming match. Same shit that I'm tired of repeating. I refuse to tell her why, though. I want things where they are. I just want her a lot less clingy. I realize she's not like the others, but still. Aren't the ones that barely know you are way more accepting to when you leave?

I take a bite of the sandwich, moaning slightly. I haven't really eaten in like two days. If Camz or Ally knew that, they'll kill me. I pour myself some mango Minute Maid and sip a little. She gets up, making her way to me. I watch her every move as she gets closer. She suddenly grabs my face and smash her lips onto mine. I was shocked at first, but I set my cup on the counter and kiss her back.

I wrap my arms around her waist, slowly going towards her ass. She moans on my lips, wrapping her arms around my neck. She breaks the small session and I immediately attack her neck. She gasps, holding unto my shoulders. "L-Lauren, please?" I stop my actions and look into her eyes. Lust is prominent, but there's another unidentified emotion. I already know what she wants. I untangle her arms from around me, never breaking eye contact.

"Room, naked. Now."
***
The air was filled with hot sex and our breathing. Ashley cuddles up to me and I naturally wrap my arm around her. She falls asleep almost instantly. I wipe my face with a final sigh. 'Why does she do this to herself?'