Ch.70 Dark threat

By the time Julie and Scott finished their dance, everyone cheered and applauded.

"Now that was amazing" Macy smiled as they headed back to their seats.

"Okay everyone" Bridget said into the mic "After that amazing dance, I think it's time for our special guest to perform her song, come on up Meeshell!"

Everyone cheered as Meeshell along with Nolan and her friend Coral Witch, daughter of the Sea Witch went onto the stage as they got everything settled up.

"Hi everyone" Meeshell said into the mic in her aqua colored dress that looked like waves "I hope you all are having a good time at Prom."

They all cheered in agreement.

"Well that's good to hear" she smiled "Anyway, I hope you all enjoy our song."

And with that the music started to play, and Meeshell began to sing.

You are the voice inside my mind, something so real is hard to find

I know I know, I know I know

I'll hold you tight, remove the air

No space between, I want you here

I know, baby you're home

Headfirst, I dive, wont wait for time

We're living for tonight

You, give the reason to, feel what I feel

When everything is under attack

You got my heart, I don't want it back

You, might be the answer to, all of my fears

When everything is under attack

You got my heart, I don't want it back

As she continued to sing, everyone smiled and listened to her beautiful voice. But as she continued to sing, Elena turned her head and spotted something through the window of the gym doors, as she looked closer, she saw that it was young Gold peeking through the window. Wondering what he was up to, when he started to walk away, she excused herself from her friends and headed out of the gym. Now in the hallway, she looked around to see where Gold went as she started to walk down to search for him.

"Are you looking for me Ms. Queen?" she suddenly heard him say as she turned around and saw him.

"As a matter of fact I was" she replied casually.

"Well here I am" he offered "What do you want?"

"I saw you peeking through the gym windows, what brings you to our Prom?"

"What can't a guy just see how a dance is going?"

She then crossed her arms with a frown.

"What are you really doing here Carey?" she demanded.

"Always cautious around me huh?" he smirked.

"I think you should go, your original older self has already betrayed me and even tried to kill me several times, and now I don't want you being near me."

"Relax Queen, I don't want anything to do with you, that's my older self's job, my job is to look for a certain item."

"Well good luck with that" she said with sarcasm as she started to head back.

"Ms. Queen" Gold suddenly stopped her "If you're hiding something from me, I will find out what it is."

"I never said I was hiding anything" she said.

"I know" he said as he headed towards her "But through my experiences of being the Dark One, I was always able to find out when someone is hiding is something, whether it's a lie or a secret, I always find out what it is."

"Is that so?" she doubted with a frown "Well Dark One, what exactly is it that I'm hiding?"

"A secret, a secret that only the ones you care about know, a secret from me."

Elena tried to hide her nervousness with a brave look.

"I don't know what it is yet-" he said "But I'm going to find out what it is. No one keeps secrets from the Dark One."

"Oh but you can keep secrets from others?" she snapped "Like how you're the one who killed Daniel's parents."

At that point Gold stood there surprised, but he tried to hide his expression.

"Yeah that's right I know about that" Elena frowned "Brooke called me and explained everything, don't ask how she knows, it's kind of a long story. But all this time, you were the one who took away his parents."

"The only reason I killed them was because I had to get something from them that they wouldn't give me" he scowled.

"Yeah like I didn't know that" she scowled back "You killed them for the Dark One's Dagger, the one that you're still looking for, well guess what Carey, go ahead and look all you want, but you'll never get your hands on it."

"Ms. Queen, in case you forgot, I was the Savior before you, I was meant to be the hero, but now, fate instead decides to make me a monster."

He then started to get closer to her as she backed away.

"But you-" he continued with a mad look "You took that away from me, many may call you a hero, but deep down you're still a villain. And if fate doesn't want me to be a hero, then I guess I'll just have to be the villain that everyone fears!"

At that point Elena used her magic to make the Dark One's Dagger appear in her hand as she quickly held it in front of her and towards him.

"Stay back!" she ordered as he stepped back with shock while looking at the dagger.

"The dagger" he gasped as he looked up at her "Where did you get this?"

"That doesn't matter-" she scowled "What matters is that I keep this away from you, and now Dark One, I command you to leave."

Having no other choice, Gold have Elena a death glare as he started to back away.

"Now that I know that you have it-" he said sternly "You better watch your back Ms. Queen, because I will not rest until I have that dagger. And if I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open, because you don't know what other things I'm capable of."

And with that he walked away, leaving Elena now scared for what he might do.