Ch.23 Transformation

(Flashback) After cleaning the library, everyone went into the dining room where they all sat down and had something to eat.

"Where's Daring?" Briar asked.

"I think he went to the bathroom" Rosabella said "He should be here soon."

"Unless he gets distracted by his reflection in the mirror" Cerise smirked "Like he always does."

"Oh wait here he comes" Rosabella pointed as Daring entered with a silver hand mirror in his hand.

"Rosabella" he said "Where did you get this awesome mirror? I accidentally said that I wished I could see my mirror collection, and it showed me my mirror collection in the actually mirror."

"Uh, Daring you're not suppose to touch that" Rosabella warned as she got up and took the mirror from him "This is the enchanted mirror my father gave to my mother during their story, and they don't want anyone messing around with it."

"Oh sorry."

"Wait that's the mirror that allows you to see what you want?" Cerise asked.

"Yeah, and I admit it's pretty fun to use, but we're still not allowed to touch it. Now I gotta go put it back before my parents see that it's gone."

And with that she headed off.

"What a shame we can't use that mirror" Daring sighed "I would of used it to show me a movie at the theater so that I wouldn't have to pay for it."

After having something to eat, everyone then went outside where they walked around the rose garden.

"The garden sure is pretty at this time of the season" Briar commented.

"Yeah" Rosabella agreed with a smile "It's my favorite time to go outside and admire the beauty of nature."

"Hey isn't that the rose of spring?" Daring pointed to a gazebo where they saw a red rose that was planted under it.

"It is" Rosabella smiled as they went over to it.

"I'm surprised it's still alive ever since the winter disaster we had" Briar said.

"Well it is an enchanted rose" Rosabella said "So it doesn't really need much care."

"So just to be clear-" Cerise said "This is the same rose that nearly made your father a permanent beast?"

"Pretty much, but thanks to my mother, this rose is now a symbol of their love. Plus it's where I got my name from, my name actually means 'beautiful rose'."

"Does everyone in your family like roses?" Daring asked.

"Yeah, I mean, it is the symbol of our story."

"Mine too" Briar put in "We're like the royal rose family."

"Well then, I guess our break is over, let's go back inside."

"What do we have to clean this time?" Cerise asked.

"I think the kitchen."

"We don't have to clean any bathrooms do we?" Daring asked.

"Well that depends-" Rosabella smirked "Do you wanna clean the bathroom?"

"No."

"Well there's your answer."

Later that night at the library, Kim was finishing stacking some books onto the bookshelves when her cousin Macy Turner entered with a small to go box.

"Hey Kim" she smiled.

"Macy hey" Kim smiled back "What are you doing here?"

"Well I had some pie left over from the diner, and I thought that you could have the last piece."

"Oh thanks" Kim smiled as she took the box.

"So how have you been?"

"Good" Kim said as she set the box on the counter "How about you? You laying off the alcohol?"

"Yeah" Macy sighed, remembering what happened when she got caught being a minor.

"How's that doing for you?" Kim asked in a calm tone.

"Well I've been trying to prevent myself from drinking whenever I get stressed, and so far I haven't drank any."

"Well that's good."

"Yeah well I've learned my lesson" Macy sighed "Never take alcohol from an older guy who peer pressures you into taking it."

"Correct, and that guy's still in jail right?"

"Totally, I don't think we'll see his face in a long time."

"Good."

"Well then, I guess I'll be off."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hey you're still gonna tutor Aidan tomorrow right?"

"Yeah."

"Well I'm just wondering, do you still have feelings for him?"

"Oh-" Kim said a bit surprised "I uh, I don't know. I mean he told me that he wanted to stay single for a while until he figures things out."

"And what about Ilene?"

"Well we still don't really talk much, but I think she understands too."

"So if Aidan chooses her, how are you gonna feel?"

"Well even though he's the beast in my story, I don't want to get in the way of his true feelings, if he wants to be with Ilene then I'll let him, and if he wants to be with me then it happens."

"And if he doesn't end with either of you?"

"If he ends up with someone else then he ends up with someone else, and if it's fate then it's fate."

"Well if you say so, but as long as you're happy then I'm happy."

"Thanks" Kim said with a small smile.

"Well then, I guess I should get going, goodnight Kim."

"Goodnight Macy" Kim smiled as Macy headed out the library.

Now alone, Kim went behind the counter where she went up to the box and opened it to reveal a slice of cherry pie.

"Hello pie" she grinned as she sat down at her desk and used the plastic fork that came in the box and took a bite of the pie as she went on her phone.

But as she was about to take another bite, she suddenly got an itch on her leg as she started to scratch it. But at that point she got another itch on her other leg as she scratched it. But then she started to itch all over her body.

"Why am I so itchy all of a sudden?" she asked herself as she scratched her whole body.

But all of a sudden she felt a pain in her stomach as she clutched it and got up from the chair, she then started to feel a bit dizzy as she grabbed onto the chair to steady herself, while moaning in pain. Just then she felt a strong pain all over her body as she yelped in pain, she had no idea what was happening to her.

But when she put her hands on the desk, she clenched her fists as she continued to winched in pain. Still having no idea what was happening, she then looked up at the small mirror that was on her desk as she looked at her reflection. A chill went down her spine when she saw her teeth turning sharp, and fur started to grow on her face and hands.