Chapter Two

I walked into my biology class, and took a seat next to Veronica. I couldn't stop thinking about that boy. I've never seen him before. I'm so curious. I can't even focus in class!

"Betty!" Veronica shouted.

"What?!" I shouted snapping out of my thoughts.

"I've been trying to talk to you for ten minutes!"

"Oh, sorry V," I said, looking down at the blank worksheet on the lab table.

"I guess you're to busy thinking about Archie!" Veronica teased, elbowing me.

"No, it's not that," I say, shaking my head.

"Then what is it? If I were you that's all I'd be thinking about!"

"I'll tell you at lunch," I replied, fixing my eyes on the board.

"You're acting weird, this better be good!"

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Reggie handing me a small price of paper. "It's from Archie," he mouthed. I take the paper from him and read it.

Betty -
I can not wait for tonight! Also, you look really pretty today!
- Archie

I've been waiting years for tonight, but I quite honestly don't know if I can do it! I'll get butterflies in my stomach, and then have a panic attack! I really don't feel like worrying about Archie right now!

I turn the paper over and write:

Me too! See you then!
-Betty

I passed the paper back to Reggie, who passed it back to Archie. I turned back around, and looked at the clock. The period was almost over. I put my stuff back into my bag and waited for the bell to ring.

Once the bell rung, I ran out of the room and to the hallway I saw that boy. Veronica called after me, but I kept running. I stopped at the corner and waited. When Veronica caught up to me she was out of breath.

"Jeez, Betty! Maybe you should join track!" Veronica said, catching her breath, "What are we doing?"

I didn't answer her. I need to know who he was. I know I sound crazy, but I really need to know. If you didn't know, I don't give up easily.

Five minutes later, the bell rang and still no sign of him. Was it all a dream? Was I seeing things? I headed for second period, leaving Veronica super annoyed with me. I knew she wanted answers, and I would give her them. But not right now.

I can't get him out of my head, and I don't know why.

------------

I headed outside for lunch. I sat at the table where Veronica, Kevin, and I usually sat at last year. I take a bite of my sandwich, as I wait for Veronica and Kevin. I pull out a book from my bag, and start to read where I left off.

"Betty Cooper!" Veronica yelled, storming over with Kevin behind her.

She sat down across from me putting her lunch tray down. "I want answers, now!" She shouted at me. I put my book away and look her in the eyes.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

"Everything! Why were you acting so weird this morning?" She said.

"I wanna hear this!" Kevin chimes in.

"After Archie asked me out tonight, I saw this boy. We made eye contact, for what felt like forever. Then he smiled at me, and I felt something," I explained.

"What did he look like?" Kevin asked.

"Black hair, wears a beanie, green-blue eyes,"

"Was he wearing a t-shirt with an 'S' on it?" Veronica asked.

"I think so," I replied.

"That's Jughead Jones. He doesn't talk to anyone much. He's kinda a loner. Apparently, him and Archie used to be best friends. Then they stopped talking, for some reason," Kevin explained.

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"Betty, I'm all about drama! So you would think I'd know stuff about everyone!"

"Yeah, he seems...sketchy," Veronica admitted.

I shrugged my shoulders and took another bite of my sandwich. Now that I know his name, I want to talk to him. He may seem sketchy, but there is always more to people on the inside than out.

"I have an idea! Forget about Donnie Darko, and tell Archie how you feel!" Veronica said, excited.

"I don't know. Archie is a player, and I don't want to get hurt,"

"But you'll take your chances on Jughead?" Kevin said, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever! Come on, we should start heading back inside," I said, standing up.

I have no clue what I'm going to do. I don't want to confess to Archie, but I do. Maybe Veronica is right? Maybe if I confess to Archie, I'll forget about Jughead. But that can also lead to heart break. What am I going to do?

Author's Note-

Betty and her boy issues! I just wanted to make something clear. Jason is not dead!

Well...evidently!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! There may not be an update tomorrow because, I have to go to a 4th of July party. There was something else I was gonna say, but now I forget it! Alright byeeeeeee!!!!!

Xoxo-
      Abby💗