Chapter Eight

Jughead and I arrived at school. We walked down the hallway, while people looked at us with weird and confused faces. Their faces said, "Why is the weird emo kid hanging out with Betty?" I just chose to ignore them all. I saw Archie walking through the crowd. He came up to us with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Betty!" He said, acting as if the other night never happened.

"Hey Archie," I said, rolling my eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, acting concerned.

"You asked her out on a date, and then broke her heart. I'd think she'd be mad at you," Jughead snapped at him.

"Woah, chill!" Archie shouted, throwing his hands up.

"I was just wondering if you could give me a second chance," He said, "Maybe we could go out tonight?"

"She's not going out with you!" Jughead fired, stepping in front of me.

"Who asked you? What are you two a thing?" Archie taunted.

Jughead didn't know how to respond to him. It was so incredibly awkward. Archie, wanted something from me. I could tell. He never really talked to me at school, only outside of school and it was small like, "What's the Biology homework?"

"Kinda," I breathed, my eyes to Jughead, "Not official...just a thing."

"Wow, Betty! You could do better! Why would you chose this-" Archie taunted, trying to get inside Jughead's mind.

"At least I'm not tricking girls to go on dates with me, so I can take them back to my place and rape them!" Jughead snapped at him, cutting him off.

Archie shoved Jughead back. Angry filled Jughead's face. He raised his fist, about to punch Archie. I got in between the two boys, and held Jughead back. I locked eyes with Archie, forgetting everything we'd been through.

"Let's go, Juggy," I said, pulling on his arm.

He gave Archie the death stare, and then followed me. I could already tell Jughead and Archie, have some bad blood with each other. Rape. Jughead said that Archie brings girls to his place to rape them. Is it true? Is that what would've happened to me? I stopped at the end of the hallway, where no one was.

"What was that?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Nothing, I'm just sick of that asshole!" He rolled his eyes.

"So am I," I said, "What I actually want to know about, is this whole raping situation!"

"You heard me. Every girl he takes on a date, he rapes," Jughead told me, starting to walk a way.

"Hold on!" I said, grabbing his arm, "I went on a date with Archie! That could have been me! Why isn't anyone saying anything?"

"I don't know."

"Jughead, talk to me! How do you even know about this?" I said, starting to raise my voice.

He took a deep breath, and looked me in the eyes. How bad of a person was Archie? Raping innocent girls. What else was he hiding?

"Archie and I talked a little bit through the summer, since we both were working for his dad. He told me he was going on dates with different girls. What he didn't tell me was that he was taking them to his place and raping them. Then one day, he told what he'd been doing. I told him that he had to stop. After that, he threatened me, saying that if I told anyone he'd...ruin me. That explains the bad blood between us," He explained.

Archie, my best friend since kindergarten, is a rapist. What did he mean by ruining Jughead? I could have been one of those girls. It kills me to think about that. I didn't know what to say.

"Betty!" A voice called, from the end of the hall.

I turned around quickly, recognizing the voice. It was Polly. I ran across the hallway and into her arms. I hugged her tightly, tears streaming down my face. Jughead walked over to us. She pulled away from the hug.

"I'm so happy you're okay!" I cried, happily.

"I missed you so much!" She exclaimed, tears filling her eyes.

She looked behind me and saw Jughead. She smiled at him, and then fixed her eyes back on me.

"Who is this?" She asked.

"Oh, this is Jughead Jones! Jughead, this is my sister, Polly!" I chirped, introducing them o each other.

"Nice to meet you! Are you two dating or something?" Polly said, laughing slightly.

I looked at Jughead, biting my lip, "Not exactly."

"It's complicated," Jughead replied.

"Cool!" Polly smiled, "Anyway, I better go! Call me tonight, Betty. Nice meeting you, Jughead!"

She gave me a quick hug, and walked away. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't talk to her that much, but at least she's safe. I took a deep breath, and turned to Jughead.

"So, what's the deal with your sister?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You both were crying."

I explained the whole Polly situation to Jughead, as we walked to first period. He's a great listener. I still wanted to know more about this Archie situation. Why the hell would he do that? I thought that he was my friend. I hate when guys just disrespect girls like that And Jughead, why was he acting so weird this morning? I need answers. Now.

Author's Note-

Hey!! Super sorry about me not updating! Technically I wasn't done with the chapter, but I wanted to give you guys an update! I don't know when I'll update next. Hopefully it's soon! Thanks for all your love and support on this book!

-Abby💗