Chapter Twelve

-Jughead's POV-

"Juggie, what was he talking about?" Betty asked, still hugging me.

I took a few deep breaths. I can't tell her. She's already going through so much! Finding out that I'm a Serpent will break her heart.

"Nothing. It's nothing at all. He's just trying to get under our skin," I told her, rubbing her back.

I feel like such a dick right now.

I'm lying to her face.

What kind of boyfriend am I?

"We should get to class,"  I said, separating the hug.

"You're right," She slightly smiled, walking over to the door.

I followed her out of the room, and walked her to her first class.

I'm just leading her to heartbreak.

We arrived at her first class.

"Thanks for walking me!" She smiled.

"No problem..." I sighed, walking off.

I started walking to my class, when I saw Moose. He walked past me, and pushed me.

I don't know why though...

I walked out of the school, and put my book bag down.

I took out my Serpent jacket, and put it on.

I had to get away from people for awhile. I made my way over to the Southside, and went into a dark alley.

I leaned up against a wall thinking about Betty. She's all I think about everyday and all day. I heard someone walk up behind me. I turned around.

"Archie, what the hell do you want?!" I asked, annoyed.

"Betty. I want Betty. Tell her your a Serpent by Homecoming, or I will!" He told me.

"Sorry, I won't!" I laughed turning the other way.

Archie laughed wickedly, "I'll tell her Jones. I'm not lying to you!" He told me.

"That's great! I'll tell her... when I'm ready," I said, lighting myself a cigarette.

"Good," He said, walking away.

I rolled my eyes, and stuck the tip of the cigarette into my mouth. I let out a puff of smoke into the cold air.

Suddenly, a motorcycle flew by. I looked, and saw a girl with long brown hair. She parked the bike on the side of the road. She took of her helmet, and looked at me.

She had tan skin, brown eyes, and pink highlights in her brown hair. She wore a Southside Serpent jacket like mine.

"Nice bike," I said to her.

"Thanks. You Jughead Jones?" She said, smiling slightly.

"That's me! How do you know me?" I said to her, curiously.

"I'm a Serpent. Your dad is FP Jones, the leader of the Serpents!" She told me, moving a piece of hair from her face.

"That makes sense," I smiled, looking down.

She looked at me, and bit her lip. I looked back up at her, and smiled.

"I better go, but before I forget..." She said, taking out a small piece of paper from her pocket, "Here's my number,"

I took the piece of paper, and put it in my pocket. She started her bike back up, and was about to put her helmet on.

"What's your name?" I asked, before she left.

She turned around to face me, and bit her bottom lip lightly. She looked at me up and down, and smiled.

"Toni... Toni Topaz," She said, putting her helmet on.

She turned back around, and drove away. I watched her drive away with a smile.

Toni...

Wow.

Shit.

Betty.

What am I thinking?

Betty is amazing.

She's my everything.

But then Toni...

STOP JUGHEAD!

You're just friends with her.

I heard my phone receive a text. I looked at my phone and saw a text from Betty.

Betty:
Hey, Juggie. Did you go home early? I didn't see you in the hall. Is everything okay?

I slightly smiled at the text, just thinking about her actually caring where I was. I texted her back.

Jughead:
Yeah. I had a few things to do. I think I'm just gonna go to Pops.

I took off my jacket, and shoved it in my bag. I threw the cigarette on the ground, stomped it out with my foot. Then I made my way to Pops.

When I got there, I saw Betty sitting in a booth. She smiled at me, and scotched over.

"Hey there, Romeo," She said, looking at me.

I smiled back, and sat down next to her. I put my arm around her, and rested my head on top of hers.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked, quietly.

She rested her head on my chest and sighed. "I missed you way too much!" She told me, snuggling closer to me.

I kissed the top of the her head, and smiled.

Everything was perfect.

I felt like the world around me disappeared.

It was just me and Betty.

The way it's supposed to be.

And will always be.

A/N

Hey peoples!!!!

I give you an update!

YAY!

TONI IS HERE!!

DUN

DUN

DUNNNN

YOURE WELCOME!

ANYWAYS!!!

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A WHILE!

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME!

ANYWAYYYSSSS

ARE YOU GUYS LIKING THESE JUGGIE POVS???

LET ME KNOW!

ANYWAYYYSSS

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

-Abby💖