Chapter Three

When I got home, I went up in my room thinking about the day. I opened one my vanity drawers and pulled out my light pink diary. The outside was a light pink leather and had a little magnetic flap that connected to the front.

I sat down on my bay window, and opened up the small book. Inside was filled with my hopes, fears, and thoughts. I put my life in that book. The first thing I wrote about was my sister. I still don't know how Polly is going to tell our parents. She hasn't come out of her room since we got home. Suddenly I hear my bedroom door barge open.

"Elizabeth! How was school, dear?" My mother said, bursting in the room unexpectedly.

I love my mom, but she scares the life out of me sometimes! I closed my diary shut, hoping she wouldn't question me about what I was writing.

"Oh my god, mom! Stop doing that!" I shouted at her, breathing heavily.

"Sorry, I just came up to give you some tea!" She said, handing me the tea cup in her hand.

"Thanks," I said, giving her a weird look.

She wants something. She never does this, unless a friend is over. She stared for what felt like forever! I turned away from her, facing the window. I took a sip of the tea, hoping she'd leave.

"Do you know why Polly is acting so strange lately?" She questioned.

I couldn't mess up on this one. I'm a horrible liar, but I can not betray my sister.

"No. It's probably just you. She's been acting fine!" I said, still not facing her.

I couldn't see what face she gave me, but I know it wasn't good.

"Alright, I'll be down stairs...if you want to tell me anything," She said, walking out.

My mother is absolutely crazy. What does she want from me? What if she knows about Polly's pregnancy? I got up and shut the door behind my mom.

I then got a text from Archie:

From Archie:
Can't wait for tonight! ;)

I felt an odd feeling in my stomach. Archie had never been this excited about going out with me. We've been out alone before, but he was never enthusiastic about it. Maybe he likes me too?

--------------

Later that night Archie came to pick me at my house. The car ride was so awkward. I e never get so weird in my life!

About fifteen minutes later, Archie and I arrived at Pops. We sat in a booth, and looked at our menus. I looked up from my menu to notice, Jughead, sitting in a booth with nothing but a laptop and a cup of coffee. He looked at me with a shocked, but nervous face. I smiled at him, nervously. He gave a slight smile, and focused back on his laptop. I looked at Archie, and then back at my menu.

"I think I'm going to get a double cheeseburger. What about you?" Archie asked.

"Oh, I'm just going to get a regular cheese burger and fries," I replied.

"Cool! So, Betty, how was your summer?"

"Amazing, I met a lot of great authors and read a lot of great books. I also took a trip to the Bahamas!" I said.

"That sounds fun! All I did, was work for my dad! But, to get me through that I wrote songs!" Archie told me.

The waiter then came up to us to drop off our drinks, and take our order. Archie told the waiter what we wanted, and then fixed his attention to me. I had to tell him how I felt.

"Archie, I've been thinking...about...us," I managed to get out.

He seemed super distracted. I don't even think he heard what I said!

"I'll be right back, Betty," He said, getting up out of the booth and walking away.

Nice try, Betty. I took a sip of my lemonade, and checked my phone. I got a text from Veronica, not to long ago.

From: Veronica
Soooooooo, how's your "date" with the Ginger Stallion?

I rolled my eyes, and responded back.

To: Veronica
You're killing me V!! Keep your nose outta my business!!

Once I pressed send, I got a response right away.

From: Veronica
B, I'm your best friend! It's my job to be in your business!

I shook my head, and laughed. I took another sip of my lemonade. Where is Archie? Did he go to the bathroom? I turned around, only to find Archie on the other side of the diner, making out with Cheryl Blossom.

I could feel the tears start to come out of my eyes. This is exactly what I was afraid of! I grabbed my wristlet, and ran out the diner. This whole night was a disaster! My fingers nails pierced themselves into the palm of my hand. Blood smeared all over my palms. I could feel darkness surrounding my world, once again. I knew this was to good to be true!

As I was about to leave the diner parking lot, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around.

"Hey there, Juliet,"

It was Jughead. I felt my whole face go red. Juliet? He looked concerned. I wiped the tears of my face.

"Hey," I managed to get out.

"I saw what happened in there. Archie is an ass. It was pretty low thing for him to do," I said.

"Yeah," I cried, looking down at the ground.

"I saw him ask you out, earlier today. When you said yes, I knew what would happen."

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Happens to every girl he goes out with. I come here every night, and every night there's a new victim," he explained, "But your the one that really bothered me though."

"Why?"

"Because you looked very happy, but also shocked. You didn't know what to expect," He told me.

"Oh. I can't believe I actually thought he liked me," I said, wiping my tears away.

"He's the definition of to good to be true," He rolled his eyes. I laughed.

"Well, I should get going. My mom-"

"I'll walk you home. For a girl who just got her heart ripped out, I think the least I can do is walk her home," He told me.

"Thank you," I replied.

Author's Note-

Hehehhehehehehehhehehe. BUGHEADDD!!!!!!!! For once they talked! If you liked the chapter please vote and all that stuff! Make sure to tell your friends too! Now if you excuse me, I have to go punish Archie for breaking my little Betty's heart! Ok, byeeee!

Xoxo-
          Abby💗