Chapter Six

I got home that afternoon to a quiet empty house. This was the perfect time to get answers about Polly. I ran upstairs, and opened up the door to Polly's room. When I walked inside, and everything was gone. There was only a dresser, empty night stand, and Polly's bed frame.

"What the hell?" I said, in a quiet tone.

"Still worrying about your sister I see," A stern voice behind me said.

I quickly turned around, and there stood my mother. Her arms crossed and face filled with pure anger.

"Where is she?" I asked, raising my voice.

"Elizabeth, she's gone! I told you to stop asking me about this! Ask me again and you're grounded!" She yelled, in my face.

"No. Polly is my sister, and I won't stop until I find out where she is!" I fired back.

"Go to your room! Your grounded for the rest of the night!"

"Actually, no mom! I have a date tonight, and there is no way you can stop me from going!" I yelled, storming out of the room.

I stormed right into my room, and planed to stay there until Jughead came to pick me up. I heard my phone my phone go off, meaning I got a text. It was from Polly. I quickly unlocked my phone and read.

From: Polly
Betty, it's me Polly! Don't worry about me, I'm ok. Jason took the news of the baby great, and I'm now staying at Thorn Hill. Yes, I know that place is terrifying as hell, but at least I'm safe with Jason. I'll be at school tomorrow. I was exhausted last night, that's why I skipped school today. Jason and I are looking at apartments in the area. I love you sis, and whatever you do don't tell mom where I am. I love you, and thank you so much!

I was so relieved. My sister was alright and happy. Although, her staying at Thorn Hill worries me a lot! As much as I wanted to tell mom that Polly was okay, I couldn't. I know there is a part of her that hopes Polly is alright, and that she does have some sympathy for her.

-----------

I stood by the door waiting for Jughead to arrive. I made sure I looked my best, but not to fancy. I wore a grey sweater, blue skinny jeans, black flats, and wore my hair in a ponytail. I was super nervous! Hopefully all goes well tonight. I saw a black Honda Civic pull up in front of my house. Jughead got out of the car and started to walk up to the front door. I walked out of the house, before he could reach the door. He was wearing black skinny jeans, black boots, a grey t-shirt with a black "S" on it, a black and navy blue flannel, suspenders that hung down, and his usual crown shaped beanie. Why are his outfits more complex than mine?

"Excited?" He teased, stopping in his tracks.

"In a matter of fact I am!" I said, catching up to him.

"That's good!" He laughed.

I laughed a long with him, looking down at the ground. I looked up, and met his eyes. His blue-green eyes sparkled in the moonlight. It felt as if the whole world stopped. I could feel my cheeks go completely red.

"Um...we should get to the double feature," He said, snapping out of it.

"Yeah, you're right," I agreed.

When we walked down to the car, Jughead held the passenger seat door open for me. I smiled at him and got in the car. He walked around the car and got in on the other side.

"Sorry, that my car is a mess!" He said, starting the car.

"It's fine! Trust me, my car is just a messy!" I smiled.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you say yes to going out with me?" He asked, his eyes focused on the road.

"I just wanted to go out with a sweet, caring, and decent guy. You seem like a good guy. Is there something wrong?" I said, concerned.