My New Future

(Welcome back to the story! I will try to update as much as possible. My goal is to get all the parts published before I have to go back to school. Also, any video I have attached to the chapter is supposed to be tied to the mood or I feel like they mimic the chapter or a scene. Anyways enjoy the chapter.)

(Hinata's POV)

Another party. I hate these social events. I really shouldn't say hate, it's wrong to think such things. At least I'm better at these things than I use to be. I use to basically hug my father's leg when I was younger. Now I just stand back here in a corner, watching. I stay quiet, one wrong word or if some things are taken the wrong way it would look bad on the company.

A few of years ago, when I had to start wearing heels, I tripped and fell in the lap of one of dad's business partners. The press was all over it for a week. It took dad forever to get me out of the papers. While that was going on I practiced every day all day to walk in heels. My feet looked horrible for a while. They are much better now.

No one usually notices me anymore. I mainly just sit or stand here in the back. It's usually very lonely at these things. I wait until my father calls me over to introduce me to someone new. Every now and then I'll have a 'friend' to keep me company.

Sasuke Uchiha. He stands and talks to me when we're both at these parties. That it quite a bit seeing as both our families have similar companies. They are the company that rivals ours the most. It's mostly friends though.

"Hinata, come here I want you to meet someone." My father commands me to the center of the big open room. I walk over to him with my light violet dress swooshing side to side as I do.

"Yes, father?" I ask trying not to stutter.

"I want you to meet Itachi Uchiha. He is going to be the next CEO of Uchiha Corporation. He'll be taking his father's place." My father explains.

I look to the tall man who has his hair back into a ponytail. He's wearing a black sleek suit. He peers down at me with his onyx eyes. His lip curves up into a small smirk.

"Hello," I greet the man with a curtsy. This is Sasuke's older brother. I've seen him at parties before but I never actually talked to him. He's a social butterfly while I am not.

"And to you as well, Miss Hyuga." He says in his deep voice. My face heats up from such formality. Normally people just call me Hinata. This man certainly is different from others.

"Would you mind showing Hinata around here? She's never been here before and I would hate for her to get lost." My father says while he gently guides me toward Itachi.

"I would be honored but unfortunately I have to meet some people for my father. He couldn't be here today because he's stuck in the office. However, I know for a fact that my younger brother, Sasuke is free to show her around." Itachi offers. I look to see that my father's face has fallen into a small frown. Why did he want Itachi to show me around?

"Another time perhaps?" My father replies. Itachi nods once and walks off to talk to someone else. I turn to my father and ask,

"Why did you want me to meet him?" I ask a bit confused.

"You'll find out soon enough." He says looking around the room.

"Alright," I say and walk back to where I was previously standing. There is a familiar face there that wasn't before.

"Why were you talking to my brother?" Sasuke says with an unamused tone.

"My father wanted me to meet him. What's the matter with you?" I ask.