My Breaking Point

(As promised the second chapter for the day. As always I don't own Naruto or any of the characters. Enjoy.)

(Itachi's POV)

I can't focus on work. This is my first day back but I'm still worried about Hinata. It's only been two weeks. She begged me before I left not to make a scene with my father. I did promise her but I feel like I might not be able to keep that promise. How could he even think of hurting Hinata? What kind of monster is he?

I hear my office door open. I look up from my desk to see my father. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Father," I say through gritted teeth. He gives me a smile that makes me sick.

"So you're back." He says.

"Yes, and?" I ask gripping the ends of my desk.

"Nothing, it's just been two weeks." He says, looking around my office. I narrow my eyes watching him carefully.

"I've been taking care of Hinata." I spit out. "She's been having a hard time," I add. He looks over to me.

"How is she?" He asks. That's it.

I lunge at him and shove him against the wall. I'm holding onto his shirt.

"You don't get the right to ask how she is," I growl out. "How dare you hit her and then ask how she's doing," I say furiously.

"She needed to learn how to behave properly." He argues back.

"Her behavior isn't the one that needs to be put in check," I say fiercely. I let him go and walk to the other side of the room. I think if I got closer to him, I'll strangle him. What kind of mindset is he in that he thinks hitting her is ok? What has my father become?

"Watch how you talk to me. I'm still your father." He says in a deep, demanding voice. Is he really going to play the father card now? I shake my head.

"No, the minute you hurt Hinata you stopped being my father." I spit out. "How could you even go so far and hit her? You never wanted to hurt anyone but suddenly you hit Hinata?" I ask in disbelief.

"The things she was doing were unacceptable." He says straightening his jacket out. "It was brought to my attention that she was constantly flirting with Sasuke and tarnishing your reputation." He says, staring me dead in the eyes. There is no kindness in his.

"What do you mean 'brought to your attention'?" I ask.

"Oh, that? Izumi came and talked to me." He admits to me.

"Izumi told you?" I ask stunned. I thought she understood.

"She's never given me a reason to doubt her before so I wasn't about to now." He says like he's done nothing wrong. I give a sigh in frustration.

"Izumi is jealous of Hinata. She says that she's still in love with me." I explain. I rub my head with my hand. I told her that I don't love her. I never will love Izumi. "Is she still here today?" I ask. I look to my father.

"Yes," He says.

"Good, I need to talk to her," I say walking to the door. "Oh, and don't ever go near Hinata again," I warn him.

"Itachi, are you threatening me?" He asks astounded.

"Yes, I am. We both know that I have enough dirt on you that I can bury you in it. Don't make me use it." I growl. I walk out of my office to find Izumi. I go the receptionist on my floor.

"Get Izumi out here, now," I say. I'm not in the most pleasant mood.

"Right away sir." She says, picking up her phone and hitting a bunch of buttons. "She's on her way." She says with a smile.