My Vacation

(Hello again. I don't own Naruto or any of the characters. I hope you enjoy.)

(Itachi's POV)

I pull into the lane that will head to the beach house. I peek over to Hinata to see her peering to the water, which is sparkling from the dying light.

"Do you like looking at the water?" I ask her.

"Yeah, it looks like a gem hidden under the waves this time of day." She says with a smile. "I usually never get to see it, being busy with everything." She adds.

"Now you get to see it with me," I say.

"I'm happy to see it with you." She says. "It's nice to do things with friends every now and then." She continues.

"We should almost be there. We should be able to see the house after we turn this corner." I say, taking a left. There the house sits. It's the only house for a while because it's private. we do have neighbors but you would have to hike to see them or cross the water.

Normally we just rent the house out to people because we don't come here anymore but I asked my mother if it would be ok to take Hinata here. She was thrilled to give me the keys.

"That's the house?" She asks in disbelief.

"Yes, why?" I ask, confused.

"It's so beautiful, Why don't you guys always live here?" She asks, leaning forward to get a better view.

"We have other beautiful houses." I remind her.

"Right," She says with a blush tainting her cheeks. I pull into the driveway and stop the car. I get out and help Hinata do the same. Her dainty hand goes into mine and she stands up out of the car.

"You can head inside. I'm gonna get the bags." I say. I hand her the keys to the door. I walk to the trunk and grab the groceries. I'll have to come back for the bags. I head to the front door. Hinata left the door open for me.

I see her twirling around in the open space. She's looking around the house.

"It's so beautiful." She twirls around looking at the open ceiling. She stops to face me, her hair twisting around her face. She wipes the hair out of her face. She looks down to see the bags of food. "We should put those away." She scampers to me.

"The kitchen is that way," I say, pointing behind her. She turns around and walks to the kitchen. I follow her carrying the bags. I move to the fridge and start putting the cold things away.

"I can do this while you get our bags." She says taking the bags from me.

"Fine, just be careful of your arm," I say, gesturing to her cast. I walk back to the car. I grab the bags full of our clothes from the trunk. I set them down on the paved ground, so I can shut my truck. I lock the car and pick up the bags again. I step into the house to find Hinata inspecting our stone fireplace we have in the open sitting room.

I place the bags on the ground and move next to her.

(Hinata's POV)

I look over the detail of the gray stone fireplace. This place is so beautiful to look at. Who ever designed this paid a lot of attention to detail. The houses I've lived in and vacationed in were pretty but nothing to this caliber. Mother had been the one to design our houses but after she passed no one really did it. Once I was old enough to do it myself I didn't really have a clue how to start. I was never taught.

Who ever did this place was able to bring it to life and give it character. I feel a gentle tap on the shoulder and turn around to see Itachi standing there with a smile.