My Freedom

(Hello everyone. I don't own Naruto or any of the characters. Enjoy.)

(Itachi POV)

I look over to Hinata who is sitting on the bed in the doctor's office. Sakura said that she would check the papers and that she believed that Hinata can get her cast taken off today. Finally, we can be rid of all reminders of that horrible day. I look to Hinata. She looks bored and she's playing with fingers. She really likes to fiddle with her fingers when she's bored or nervous.

"You need to relax. Nothing is wrong." I say to Hinata. She looks up and puts her hands to her sides.

"I am relaxed." She says with a big smile. She always smiles even when she doesn't have to. I walk over to her. "Really, I am." She says with a smile.

"Sure you are," I say with a smile growing on my face. I hear a knocking at the door and it opens up to reveal Sakura who is standing there with a clipboard.

"Well, I have good news." She says with a smile. "Your cast can finally come off." She says. She moves on the little circle stool and moves in front of Hinata. She grabs Hinata's arm with the cast on and looks over to the arm. She grabs a pair of scissors and cuts the cast off of Hinata's arm. She removes the cast off of her arm and sets it down on the table behind her. "There you go. No more cast." She says with a smile.

I watch Hinata as she looks down at her arm. She moves it around and smiles.

"Finally, I don't have to have that thing on anymore." She says with a smile. I give a small chuckle. She is so happy. She now has a certain glow to her. I grab her other hand and rub my thumb over the back of her hand. I'm glad that I'm here with her.

"You guys should be good to go," Sakura says smiling.

"Alright, let's go celebrate," I say tugging her off the bed. She gives me a smile.

"We have to invite Kiba." She says still smiling. Why did she have to bring that guy up?

"Why do we have to?" I ask trying to make sense of it.

"I told him once I got it off that we all would go and celebrate." She explains walking ahead of me to the front desk. I follow her while trying to calm down.

I have nothing to worry about. They are just friends. I should not be acting like this, it's pointless.

I walk behind Hinata and watch her as she talks to one of the clerks behind the counter. She makes friends where ever she goes.

"Where should I tell him to meet us?" She asks, turning back to me.

"Tell him to meet us at the restaurant that we had the dinner date with Pain and Konan," I tell her. She nods her head and goes back to her phone. She put's her phone in her pocket and reached out for my hand.

I give it to her and we walk side by side to the car. She heads for the passenger side of the car. I tug her back to me. She falls into my chest. She turns around and looks at me with wide eyes.

"What was that for?" She asks. I give a soft smile.

"Why don't you drive," I say. Her eyes widen even more. They look so pretty. I could get lost in them.

"You want me to drive?" She asks. I nod my head.

"Yes, you can drive can't you?" I ask. She nods her head slowly.

"I can but my father never lets me." She says looking down towards the ground.

"I'm not your father," I whisper in her ear. She looks up to my eyes. I place the keys in her hand and move to the passenger side. I slip into the car and shut the door.