My Hidden Secrets

(How is everyone doing today? Just a quick reminder that I don't own Naruto or any of the characters. Enjoy.)

(Hinata's POV)

I walk down the hallway towards the living room. I'm holding a binder full of wedding planning stuff.

"Hey, Itachi. I was wondering what you thought about two-" I look up from my binders to see Itachi slumped on the couch. He's got paperwork sprawled over his chest.

He must be so tired. He's been working non-stop for about a month and a half now. He's going to work early in the morning only to come home and work more. There isn't a time where he doesn't have a pen in his hand signing things. He's getting so behind that he's even working while eating. The only time he's forced to put the pen down is on our 'dates'. I feel bad when we go on them. He looks uncomfortable. The one good thing out of those dates is that we've gotten to know each other better.

Itachi Uchiha is quite an interesting person once you get to know him. I walk over to the couch where he's sitting. I peer over him. He looks so peaceful and calm when he's sleeping. He's breathing is very calming. I could almost fall asleep listening to it.

I hear a buzzing noise coming from the table. I look over to see that it's Itachi's phone. I pick up the phone and hit answer. I don't want him to wake up just yet. He needs some sleep.

"Hello?" I answer. I step away from Itachi a bit so I don't disturb him.

"Itachi? Is that you?" The voice asks.

"No this is Hinata," I reply. I look back to where Itachi is resting.

"Hinata? Why are you answering Itachi's phone?" The masculine voice asks. I take a peek at the caller ID to see that it's Pain.

"He's sleeping I didn't want to wake him up," I say.

"Oh, then I'll just tell you." He says. "Tell him that this weekend is a good day for our double date." He says in his deep voice. "Konan is really excited to see you again." He adds.

"Tell her that I'm excited to see her as well," I say, smiling. I remember that Konan was very nice to me at the engagement party.

"Alright, I will. Have a good night." Pain says and then hangs up. I do the same. I walk back over to Itachi who is still sound asleep. I set the binder down on the coffee table. I take the papers that are on him and place them on the coffee table. I slide Itachi so he's laying on the couch now and not just sitting. I grab the blanket that is behind the couch and drape it over him.

I don't need him to catch a cold. That is the last thing he needs right now. I pick the binder back up and start working on planning more things for the wedding. I can get his opinion on the center pieces later.

There really isn't too much to do seeing as Itachi's mom is taking care of a lot of things for me. I only wish that Itachi would be more involved in the decision making. I know that he's got a lot on his plate but this is his wedding too. I always try and ask him what he wants but he always just leaves it to me.

My mother never let my father say things like that but I'm not as strong willed as her. Also, her wedding was by choice. My parents actually fell in love. I miss her some days. I wonder what she would think of Itachi. Would she like him?

"So why are we going on a double date?" I ask Itachi who is driving.

"Pain thought it would be a good idea for us to get together and do some work while you girls could chat." He explains, turning a corner.