Sleepless Nights

Stiles and I walk around until we get to the section of the hospital where I last saw Peter. Stiles called Derek.

We searched and we couldn't find her. "Yeah I said we can't find her." He means Melisa. Stiles and I round a corner and we look in Peter's room he is gone. Oh my God where is Peter?

 I walk inside the room to see if he is sitting somewhere else but no he is gone. My eyes get wide and I walk over to Stiles and take his phone. "Derek, Peter's not here either." I call into the phone. 

I hand the phone back to Stiles. "He's not here. He's gone, Derek." Stiles explains. 

   "Stiles, Emily, get out of there right now. It's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!" Derek shouts.

 I could hear him loud and clear.  I grabbed Stiles arm and we backed out of Peter's room. I turned my head and saw Peter Hale standing there with his half burned face.

 "Oh holy God." I mutter. My mouth agape in shock.

He turns to look at us a smirk planted on his face. "You must be Stiles. And Emily lovely to see you again." Peter says the last part looking at me.

 "What are you doing here visiting hours are over." The nurse that we've seen here before mocks. Both of them blocking our paths. 

 "You.. And him? You're the one who... Oh, my... And he's... Oh, my God we are gonna die." Stiles stutters his level of calm already gone.

 I keep my resolve and stare Peter down, hoping to reason with him to let Stiles go. 

"Peter? You're the one killing people?" I ask. 

"Only the responsible ones." He replies.

  I let go of Stiles wrist and I slowly take a step towards Peter. I try the one thing that might break him "You're a predator not a killer." Peter looked at me like he has heard what I said before.

 "Where did you hear that?" He asks stepping closer to me. I step back. I hold my arm out pushing Stiles back. 

"Derek told me it was something Talia said. How could you do that to your niece? How could you? This isn't going to bring them back. You have every right to be angry." I reason.

 He seemed to get angry with my questions. He walked toward me slowly and grabbed me by my throat and slammed me against the wall. 

I gasp in surprise and the sudden pressure on my throat.

 "Stiles run!" I choke out. He stands still, watching the scene unfold.

 "You think I wanted to kill my own family? My sister's oldest child? I want the ones responsible for decimating my family to pay." His grip tightening.

I grab his wrist trying to pry his hand off of my throat. "They should but killing them won't make things better. That won't bring them back." I choke out.  

"I'm aware of that, I want your aunt to pay the one who lit my house on fire and left me burned and broken for six years. Maybe even take away some of her family."

He tightens his grip and my eyes water. Do you really think that's what Talia or anyone who was in the fire would want you to do this?" I croak.

 "Don't you dare bring them into this!" He shouts and slams my head into the wall cracking it, stars dance across my vision. "Your aunt is the reason I have done this do you have any idea what is was like for me to heal the slowest I have ever and not being able to move or talk she is the reason for that! And she deserves to pay don't you think?" He growled.