Part 5- Harry

The months pass with much improvement. Mr Selley was finally able to leave his apartment to go on his morning walks by himself and even take new routes. He also stopped suspecting that I had some ulterior motive and started opening up to me more. He shared things like how his grandchildren were set to visit soon, but his grandson was apparently wary of me and why I had become friends with a 70 year old man. In all fairness, I didn't have much choice. Druggy Jo was arrested the other week. I heard her screaming that she was going to push me down the stairs for 'ratting her out'. Of course I did no such thing. Anne visited more often, I had a sneaky suspicion that it was due to her intense feeling of pity towards me since I told her my whole family was dead. Nevertheless we had grown closer and she had become some kind of motherly figure that I could confide in. Unfortunately, this was only for mundane issues like problems with work colleagues or financial issues as I was still unable to tell her the truth of my past.

I had successfully managed to pass two months with no contact or even mention with my family. I missed them terribly, however I have come to realise that I am better off with no contact. That way it lessens the guilt I feel. The only downfall was that I had no idea what life was like for them. Had my sister woken up from her coma? Were my parents able to deal with the trauma? How was baby Noah doing? These were all questions swimming through my head, however, they would forever be unanswered.

Today was a Saturday and it was a big day for Mr Selley as it was the day that his grandson would come to visit. The first time he would see him since he moved into his new apartment, eight moths ago. I could tell things were tense. Anne always spoke of his situation with understanding due to his busy schedule that came with his job, however, there was always a hit of disappointment over her sons lack of contact with his grandfather. I had been over in 2D since 8am cleaning and preparing for him to come. To put it lightly, Mr Selley was loosing his sh***t. His grandson was coming over for lunch and he wanted everything to be perfect. That meant I was put in charge of making the lunch and so I started making a chicken and pasta dish. I wasn't the best cook, but I sure as hell was better than Mr Selley who could barely muster up a tea. Mr Selley had pulled out all the stops today- he was wearing dress pants and a collar shirt. A sight I never thought I would see after months of constantly wearing that blue dressing gown.

I was clearing the table when I heard a knock at the door and I was rather rudely told by Mr Selley to open the door whilst he ran into the bedroom. The knocking continued as I made my way over to the door. His grandson was impatient thats for sure. Well I hope he is ready for the earful he is about to receive because I cannot comprehend why he hasn't visited Mr Selley in over eight months!

Upon opening the door I immediately freeze as I take in dull black t-shirt, the ripped jeans and dirty black boots. My eyes travel back up to his face, taking in the mop of brown curls and his green eyes. I can't move, I'm frozen in place just staring at his face fixated, as if on drugs.

I am gently moved to the side as Mr Selley sees our guest welcoming him with a "Harry my boy! Can't believe you finally made it!". It is then that I shake my head to get out of my trance. His grandson is Harry fricken Styles. Harry Styles. That's why he never visits-he's in a fricken boy band! It wasn't like I was a huge fan, I would have just liked some kind of warning so it wasn't such a surprise. I shake my head a second time to regain my focus.

"Hi, sorry about that. Mr Selley never told me he had a famous grandson. I'm Evelyn. I live down the hall, I was just helping your grandad make lunch for you" I congratulate myself for not stuttering and managing to come across as semi normal.

Harry shot me a quick glance indicating he didn't believe my lack of knowledge. "Oh really? You didn't know? How come out of everyone in this building you decided to buddy up with my grandfather then. Why spend so much time helping him out or getting to know my mum? hmm?"