Part 9- Dangerous game

After I said my goodbyes to Harry and Mr Selley I made my way back to my own apartment. I made it all ten times more awkward by not talking at all the whole way back from lunch, I think Mr Selley thought I was upset over something but the truth is I'm a nervous wreck. I haven't been on a date in months since the whole accident. I'd be nervous for any date let alone a date with Harry.

A shiver goes down my spine as I re live the accident. I see my sisters petrified face as we see the oncoming truck swerving round and loosing its control in the ice. The back lights staring in our face as it comes towards us gaining speed. No matter how many times I think over the situation I still never come to a conclusion of what I should have done. Surely I couldn't just keep straight and wait for the truck to hit us? Then we both would have been dead for sure. My knuckles turn white from gripping the counter so hard from thinking over the situation. No matter how many times I tell myself this I still wish there was some way I could have reacted which would have ensured both of our safety. Maybe then she wouldn't be lying attached to the machine and I wouldn't be on the run terrified of what my family now thinks of me.

The day I ran was a week after I woke up in hospital. I remember waking up disorientated in an all white room not knowing where I was or why I was there. When they told me I had been in an accident it all came flooding back and it didn't take long for me to jump out of the hospital bed and demand like a mad women where my sister was. I gripped onto the nurses arms and stared into her face screaming and screaming. I remember exhaustion quickly caught up to me and I then fell on the floor sobbing against the nurses knees. At that point I thought she was dead, I thought I had killed her. I quickly learnt that she wasn't dead, yet. And it was then that I was informed that I needed to go to the interrogation room once I had recovered so the police could figure out what exactly went wrong.

I wipe away the stray tears that were cascading down my face and take deep breathes to try and calm myself down again. Now isn't the time to be thinking about this. Harry's picking you up in a few hours. At that moment I see my phone light up with a notification. My new phone only has Mr Selleys number and a few work colleagues so I'm surprised to receive a text. It's then that I see it's from an unknown number.

From unknown:
Dress casual. It's Harry.

Quite blunt if I'm honest. I'm a little weary over what "casual" means in terms of harry, I feel as if I'll turn up in full on trackies and make a fool of myself.

To unknown:
How did you even get my number?! And okay...I guess! See you then!

Did I sound too excitable? I don't know... I'm over thinking. I quickly change his name to Harry to avoid any confusion.

From Harry:
I asked my grandad "in case of emergencies".

To Mr Blunt:
Oh okay I see! When are you going to be picking me up?

From Harry:
In about an hour- see you then!

Sh**t!! I haven't even started getting ready for this date and I only have an hour until he's here! I send a quick okay to Harry and then run  into the shower to wash. I wouldn't really have time to style my hair properly so I'll just tie it back into a slick pony. I then make a dash to my wardrobe and practically throw everything onto the floor trying to find something, anything to wear. Dresses were probably out seeing as he said causal and I also can't be bothered to be in a skirt so I guess that leaves  me with trousers. I find my pinstriped red trousers and lay out a plethora of tops to decide from.  I decide on a simple black top and my leather abstract coat and put it to the side so I can concentrate on my makeup. I only have 15 minuets to do my makeup now which is practically impossible with my lack of skill in that department. I spend at least ten minuets just on my base and so decide to just go for a simple eye and lip considering I didn't have much time due to the time constraints. I actually finish with a few minuets to spare so I make my way to the kitchen to do what I do best. Nervous eating.