Chapter XV

- I feel that if I do not do something to clear things up I will end up going crazy and you will end up without a guitar player.

- Do not say that, you know that the boys and I will always be willing to help you.

"But Georg and Gustav know nothing of this, and I do not feel the inclination to tell them."

- Quiet, you will see the time with which you will do each of the things, here nobody will pressure you.But if you want to end the torture you must do something soon and now.

- But where do I start?

- You have to find her and talk to her.

- What do I tell them?

- Let me explain, because he left without telling you, because he never spoke to you again.

- There is something I do not understand...

- What thing?

- Because you sound so sure of what you say.

- This I...

- Do you know anything else besides what I know?

But I could not answer him and I was silent for long minutes.

- Bill please speak ...

He still did not speak.

"Fuck you, Bill is talking about a goddamn time already!" He said rather annoyed.

- Yes, if there is something else but I will not tell you because I do not want to leave you any worse than you are!

- It does not matter anymore. You're supposed to be my brother and there should be no secret between us, I demand that you tell me now!

- I warn you, when I knew this left me too bad, that means if I tell you maybe that stupid thing you can do.

- It does not matter, as they say out there: truth hurts.

- I'm asking you again, are you sure?

- Bill no longer ask !, anxiety is killing me ....

- Ok, but do not say I did not warn you. The pressure of Sophie's family not only made her and the others move to England. She was very complicated with the pregnancy, but despite not having the support of her family, she also decided to stay ahead and that son at the end of everything if he was born.

I could see Tom's expression and his face was completely out of tune, I wanted to keep talking because I knew that I still lacked the worst of everything, but before I continued to raise my voice.

- So I was a father? He asked, surprised.

- Yes, although I have seen that child once in my life I can tell you that it was just like you. I knew perfectly well that I would not recognize myself as an uncle if we have never met, but equally it was very affectionate.

- And why ... because you never told me about it?

- I could not, I do not think you were prepared for something like that. Look and analyze a little, you were not prepared to take care of a child.

- But nobody is born knowing.

"Believe me, Sophie was willing to risk it, and together they would face all this, but the threats of her family left her with no choice but to go with them.

This situation really made me very uncomfortable, but imagine how Tom was, completely destroyed. When all the problems unfolded, she knew that Sophie was pregnant, but she never knew if that child had ever been born or not. He saw his effort to articulate words, but unwittingly and involuntarily, tears began to fall on his face. He stood up from the bed and went to the window, staring gloomily at the city. I also did the same, I stopped and went to his side, putting one of my hands on his right shoulder, I was very bitter to see my brother suffer.

Tom.

"Bill, why does all this have to be happening to me, what have I done to deserve this?"

- Do not ask me to answer you, that answer you should look for yourself.

- Then get me out of this doubt that I do not understand. If at least she cared a little about Sophie, why at least she made little effort to join me in explaining everything?

- It was very difficult, almost impossible and his family had it under any threat, it was quite serious. Since they knew Sophie was pregnant they were immediately forbidden to see you, and if she ever dared to do so, they would have her abort even if she did not want to. Her heart was with you, but she preferred to privilege that life that was coming.

- Dammit! He said, punching the wall, "why the hell did your parents have to ruin everything?" It also gives me grief, but especially anger, since it behaved nothing more and nothing less than as a dog obeying its owners.

- Tom, you're being very selfish!

"Excuse me, but do you know how I really feel? You have not the slightest idea!

- Let's see, first calm down and think a little. Would you rather that child had been killed and she was with you as if nothing had happened? Or that she privileged that life and then when she was an independent woman they would come together without any problem?

- Of course I prefer the second option, I would never wish for the death of a child.

"Then please do not blame Sophie and try to understand her a bit.

"It will take a long time, but at least I'll make an effort."

"I'm glad to hear you say that," I said a little more excitedly.

- I want you to tell me something.

- Tell me.

"Do you still wrap yourself up from the day you saw him?"

- Of course.

- Then tell me, please.

- Oh .... that day was just amazing. Sophie knew that during those days we were on tour in London-England and took advantage of calling me to meet my nephew that day. His family did not agree that we should get together but finally they resigned and ended up accepting. We got together in Hyde Park and there I was able to see my nephew for the first time. I remember perfectly when I hugged him and took him in the arms to greet him, he felt like you and I when small, totally united, despite never seeing us. It was not my son, but I practically felt astonished by it.

His smile and joy were contagious, as well as being very loving. But what excited me most was when Uncle Bill told me and I just remembered you immediately. I regretted a lot that day you were not with me to enjoy your son.