~8

Gray's POV

Come on Juvia.. Answer that twit's question!

Lyon's POV

Come on Juvie.. say it's because you love me more than that twit!

Juvia's POV

Uh... Ummm... Come on Juvia, think... Think!

Lucy's POV

You got this girl! Come on Juvia!

Natsu's POV

I wonder if Lyon will give me his sandwich...Mmm

****

Narrator's POV

Juvia fiddled with the edge of her dress nervously while trying to think of a good excuse, without being suspicious of the plan.
Gray, who was pretending to not notice them, was actually leaning back in his chair, straining his ears to hear Juvia's reply to why she asked Lyon on a date.
Lyon, who had asked the question to why Juvia finally wanted to go on a date with him, was hoping, wishing, praying, that Juvia has finally gotten over Gray.
Lucy, hiding in the bushes, was nervously nibbling on her bottom lip as she awaited Juvia's reply.
Natsu, who was spying with Lucy, was staring hungrily at Lyon's untouched sandwich, completely tuning out everything happening around him. He let out a yawn and slowly lowered himself behind the bushes.

Juvia's POV

Think.... Hmmm..... AH! I GOT IT!
"Juvia felt bad for Lyon-san," I replied, crossing my arms, closing my eyes, and lifting my chin up defiantly.

Narrator's POV

"WHAT?" Exclaimed Lucy, Gray and Lyon simultaneously.
*CRASH!* There was the sudden sound of a chair breaking on the ground with much force.

*SNORE* Natsu surprisingly fell asleep, forgetting about all the hype and commotion of the scene laid out before him...

Lucy fell back, landing on her bottom behind the bush. She wiped the bead of sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand, relieved that Juvia didn't confess the plan.

Lyon sat there in his chair, his mouth gaping open in shock, her reply running over and over through his head.

Gray, on the other hand, was so shocked to hear Juvia's answer, that his chair had tipped back too far and he landed roughly on his rump, breaking the back of the chair. He let out a hysterical laugh as he clutched his stomach.

Gray's POV

"HAHAHAHA! SHE.. SHE.. FELT BAD FOR YOU!! HAHA!!" I choked out between my laughter.
I knew she didn't have feelings for that dimwit! She can't get over me!

Lyon's POV

She felt bad for me.. SHE FELT BAD FOR ME?!
THE LOVE OF MY LIFE FELT BAD FOR ME??!! ME, THE ICE EMPEROR, AND ONE OF THE STRONGEST ICE MAGES ALIVE??
Wait... I hear laughter... PRAY TO UR THAT ISN'T GRAY'S LAUGHTER.
I hesitantly look over my shoulder. DAMN IT! IT'S HIM!

Juvia's POV

I peek one eye open at the scene laid before me. Lyon-san's face is multiple shades of pink as he stares at the table embarrassed. I then notice behind him that Gray-sama is on his back... Laughing?
I also heard another voice yell out in surprise but I am unsure with who it was. There was nobody else sitting at the Café besides us, and I un-mistakingly heard a female's voice. I shrug it off.
Juvia has other problems to deal with..
"Well I guess I'll be going then with the little dignity I have left.." Lyon-san mumbled as he stood from his seat.
"Wait Lyon-san, please let Juvia explain.." I pleaded, not wanting to have hurt his feelings.
He sighs and then glances back annoyingly at Gray-sama who was wiping a tear from his eye as he stood up from the floor, his shirt unsurprisingly missing.
Lyon-san sits back down and looks me in the eyes. I shiver under his intense stare and pursed my lips.
"Juvia has always rejected Lyon-san, and has always hurt Lyon-san's feelings. Juvia doesn't want Lyon-san to feel the same way Juvia does with Gray-sama. Juvia felt bad for putting Lyon-san through the same pain Juvia goes through.." I rambled in a hushed tone so Gray-sama couldn't hear.
And although the reason I told him was partially a lie, I still felt bad for him but not enough to betray Gray-sama. I only betrayed Gray-sama this one time. But it was in the name of love, right? Besides, Gray-sama is here, listening to our conversation, so he must care a little ...right? RIGHT?! So maybe the plan is working?? Hmm time to take it up a notch...