Chapter 7

Three Weeks Later...

°•°•Destiny Adrianna Harris°•°•

Everything is all good in my hood. Quentin been trying so hard lately to talk to me. I just wave him off. School has been good. I can't wait to graduate and go to college.

It was hot as hell outside today and my car in the shop. So I had to walk home and Derek didn't come to school today. Ashton had practice. I didn't feel like waiting on him.

A Range pulled up beside me. I just kept walking, but whoever it wad still followed me. I stopped and glared at the person. The windown rolled down.

QUENTIN.

I rolled my eyes and continued on home. Next thing I know I was being picked up and pinned to the car.

"Man, why you gotta be so stubborn? Just hear me out, please." I rolled my eyes.

"Can I take you somewhere?" I just nodded. He put me down and I got in. I've been running long enough.

What does he have to say now? I think to myself.

The car ride was silent. I didn't even know where we were going. Twenty minutes later he pulled up to the Waffle House. He know I love this place. I couldn't help but smile. I jumped out leaving him behind to catch up.

We slid into the booth.

"What can I start you two off with to drink?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have a Sprite."

"The same." I said. He nodded and walked away. We were just sitting there in an awkward silence.

The waiter bought our drinks back.

"What can I get you?"

"I want some waffles, chicken strips, bacon, grits, and hash browns. please." I said handing him the menu. He looked stunned. I just shrugged. Can a girl eat without having people looking at me like I'm crazy? He took Quentin's order.

The food came and I dug in. This shit was bangin'.

I heard Quentin laugh. I looked up.

"What?"

"You." Was all he said. I rolled my eyes.

"What happened to us?"

"You." I said putting my fork down. He rubbed his hands through his hair. Honestly, he just looked stressed and worn out.

"I'm sorry ite. You know that I love you. I never meant to hurt you like that. I was just upset by what you did to Bria." I rolled my eyes. I really hate that girl.

"And what exactly did I do?" I asked. I really wanted to hear this story he had to tell.

"She said that she caught you in the janitor closet fucking some dude and she told you about it and that she was gone tell me, but you said fuck me and you threatened her." He said. Is this bitch nigga serious? I sighed.

"And you believed her over me. That's nothing new." I said nonchalantly.

"I told you and I told you a million times she not good for you. I caught her in the janitor closet when I was going to the bathroom. We had it out. I didn't wanna argue so I walked away. You came to me talking reckless. Then you hit me where you knew it would hurt. I would've never thought you would've hurt me like that, but when shit get rough you find out who your real friends are." I just continued eating.

He paid the bill and dropped me off home. I didn't even bother to say anything to him. But when he sees for his self, then he'll know the truth.

Sucks to be him.

°•°•Quentin Jamal Isaac°•°•°

Damn man.

I just laid on my bed thinking about everything. If I want to make Destiny mine I have to do right by her. I'm willing to whatever it takes to win her heart back, but first I have to break up with Bria. She gone be mad, but at the same time my feelings for Destiny are stronger.

I got up to take a shower so I could head over Bria house. After my shower I just threw on some sweats, a wife beater, and my KDs. I got to make things right with a lot of people.