Prologue

She was pregnant. Out of wedlock too. Her family would disown her for sure. But she knew she has to tell them. She took a breath as she entered the dining room. Her mother and father along with her two sisters and oldest brother were sitting there eating lunch. "Momma, papa, I must speak with you, privately," the girl whispered. She was only seventeen years old. Her siblings left the room quietly and looked back between the girl and their parents with uneasy eyes.

"Speak my daughter," her father said putting down his fork and giving all of his attention to her. She gulped, it was now or never. "Father, mother, you will disown me after you know the truth. I am truly sorry, but I will protect..." she was cut off by her mother. "We know my child. We will not disown you. The babe will be a great asset to our family," her mother said. She stood there. "You knew this whole time?" she asked shocked. "Yes, we knew. Now we just want to know which Salvatore is the father." Her father asked. She looked down at her stomach. "Does it matter? I'll never tell who the father is," she whispered. She looked back at her parents. Her father nodded and her mother smiled. She was a lucky girl. As she turned to go back to her room she felt liquid slide between her legs and she felt an unbearable pain. Her mother and father rushed to her aide. She was in labor. It was November of 1863.
XXX- Six months later
"Momma, she is growing so big, every day," the young mother said as she held her baby close to her. "Yes, babies grow so fast," her mother responded looking at her own daughter. "Georgina, have you decided on a name?" her mother asked. "She's six months old, she needs a name," her father said entering the room. Georgina stared down at her precious daughter. "Tala Moonlight Flemming," she said softly. Her mother clapped her hands. "A very unique name for such a unique baby," her father said smiling. He was already smitten with the little girl. "Momma, papa, do you think people will whisper about her eyes?" Georgina asked. "She will be kept hidden here, nobody must see her eyes. Especially, their father, Giuseppe Salvatore. There is already too many murmurings going on about vampires and witches in town," her father said sternly. Georgina nodded. Her beautiful daughter had a brown eye and a blue eye. But would she be able to live a normal, human life?