A Clean Slate

It had been four days since I had told them what I was and who I was. Damon still wouldn't talk to me and Elena hadn't been back to the Boarding House since. Stefan was always lurking around, wanting to say something to me but he was waiting on me to start speaking first. He was curious. They were all keeping me a secret. Elena wanted to introduce me to Bonnie and Caroline under better circumstances and then to Tyler when he came back to town. I knew that Elena didn't want them to meet me because they would be willing to kill me at any cost. But, Bonnie, I knew wouldn't. She was a witch. I was the product of her ancestor's plan to destroy Klaus. I looked up as I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye. It was Stefan again. "What do you want?" I asked sighing. He was going to keep following and pestering me until I talked to him. He cleared his throat and before he could speak Elena came rushing through the door. "I told you I could help you!" she said waving around a thick envelope. As soon as she had spoken Damon made his entrance. "What do you mean?" I asked frowning. "I have a friend who is a doctor. She performed the DNA test that you suggested. It worked. Here are the results," she said handing me the envelope. I inhaled as I looked down.

"We still wouldn't know if she was really Georgina's daughter," Damon growled. "I dug my mother up," I stated calmly. The whole house grew silent. "I gave Elena a rib of hers. I knew she would need it to get the DNA," I said. Stefan only frowned while Damon stood looking between me and Elena. "Well what does it say?" Elena asked. I opened the envelope and pulled out papers. I took the first one. "My maternity," I said looking at the first page. "There was a 99.9% match to Georgina Flemming," I said as I handed the paper to Elena first. She read over it and then let Stefan look at it. Before Stefan could finish reading it Damon was in front of him and had the paper. "Next one," Damon growled lowly. I could see that he was waiting and wanting to know for sure. "My paternity," I said lowly. I took out the piece of paper and read over it. "I am a 99.9% match to Damon Salvatore," I said quietly. He inhaled and snatched the piece of paper away from me. He read over it and then he grew silent. Stefan was waiting to look at the paper and Elena kept staring at me. "Well what is the other piece of paper?" she asked. Both Stefan and Damon turned to look at me. I pulled out the last piece of paper and noticed that it had Elena's name on one side.

"Elena, I'm not a direct ancestor of yours," I said sharply. "You never had children?" she asked with hope in her voice. I sighed and looked at the paper. I knew what it would say. "Elena, I am a great cousin of yours," I said strongly. "I have almost no connection to you," I stated. "But you knew who I was descended from," she stated. "That was because I watched over the whole Flemming family. Garret and his pregnant wife died before she could give birth. Gloria never married and never had children. Grace was the only one that married and had a child," I said. "You had a child though didn't you?" Elena asked quietly. I growled. "None of your business Elena," I said. "It's my business though, and Stefan's," Damon said quietly. I looked at him in surprise. "I need to speak with my daughter, alone," Damon said looking at my face. Stefan and Elena left to give us privacy.

We stood there staring at each other for what seemed like eternity before he finally spoke. "Georgina was a beautiful girl. Did she ever mention anything about me?" he asked raising an eyebrow. "No," I answered. He frowned. "Then how did you know it was me?" he asked. "The whispers of the servants and the night talks of my grandparents with my mother were all that I needed to hear. They tried for years to get her to tell them which one I belonged too. As if it wasn't obvious enough," I scoffed. He smiled. "My mother had blue eyes. They would have still wondered considering me and Stefan share the same parents," Damon said. I looked at his face. "Sit down and I'll tell you a story," he said making his way to stretch out on the couch. "A story?" I asked. He nodded. "The story of your creation," he said softly. I made myself comfortable and he began.