For Love and Life

We drove back to New Orleans in two cars. The SUV was drove by Jackson with the passengers as Elena, Caroline, and Stefan. I had chosen to ride with my father. It had been silent for the most part until Damon looked over at me and smiled. "What are we going to do?" he asked. "What do you mean? You're going to have a chance to raise your own child," I said smiling. "And see one of my grandchildren from start to finish," he said. I smiled. "So, do you know what Elena is going to have, you know since you knew what Hayley was having?" he asked hopefully. I laughed. "I do know. But I'm not telling you," I said laughing. "Why not? Come on," he pouted. "Why is it so important? The baby is healthy," I said looking at his face. "I know, and I'm glad that it is. But, I'm just...nervous I guess," he said turning his eyes back to the road. "Fine, but if I tell you, you can't tell Elena," I muttered. He smiled. "Our little secret," he said smiling. "It's a boy," I said. Damon lost his shit. "Hell yes!!" he yelled. I laughed.

We pulled into the square and immediately the family was on the deck. I was the first to get out. Klaus was pissed I could tell. He was mad when he recognized Damon's car. "Sister! What a pleasant surprise. You go home and come back with the whole gang," Klaus said throwing his hands up. "Well, I'm glad she brought them here," Rebekah said. "Only because of Stefan," he said smiling. Marcel flinched. "Why are they..." Klaus' words trailed off as Caroline helped Elena from the SUV. "Hayley isn't the only one pregnant. Elena carries Damon's child," I said. Elijah and Rebekah had shocked looks on their faces. Klaus stood unspeaking.

"And what does Caroline have to do with anything?" he finally asked. I smiled. "Nova and Ian weren't my only children. I had another, several years later. Caroline was my last child," I said. The whole family did an intake. "Where is the rest?" Klaus asked. "Still in Mystic Falls. It's where they belong," I said. He just nodded his head and looked at Elena. "So the bloodline continues," he sighed. "But, this baby is special. It will have vampire blood and has the gene of a werewolf. I just wonder if, like the descendants of myself, if it too can transform? Caroline could. She has Salvatore blood flowing through her veins," I said. Caroline's blue eyes widened. Damon went to stand beside Elena protectively and Stefan moved to hold Rebekah's hand. Klaus smirked. Marcel was at Caroline's side in an instant. He was staking his claim and challenging Klaus at the same time. Jackson came to stand beside me. I looked at poor Hayley with her hands resting on her growing stomach. I narrowed my eyes and waited. Finally Klaus slunk to her side. Elijah was left alone. He would someday find his beloved, his mate. After all our whole existence was for love and life.