Niklaus' Weakness

I was tired and I was afraid for my father's life. My life was cruel. First, I lost my mother, then I was turned, and now right before I die I'm gonna have just met my father. "Tala? Caroline and Tyler have left out. What is left to talk about?" Elena asked. I had waited on her at my home. Yes, this was my home. Even though I had been gone since the 1800s, this was still my home. "Elena, the only thing we have left to discuss is your death," I said quietly. Elena sank down on the couch beside me. "So, this is it," she said quietly. "No, this is not," I said too sharply. She flinched. "How can it not be it?" Elena asked. I smiled. "When you die it will break the curse on both me and Klaus. I will be stronger than ever and Stefan along with Bonnie and John is working on a way to bring you back," I said. "But they haven't found anything," Elena said. "Do not be afraid to die my sweet cousin. There is one more thing that we need to talk about. Something that is scarier than death," I said.

She looked wearily at me. "Damon?" she sighed. "Yes, my father," I said smiling. She gave me a half smile. "I know that you have feelings for him Elena. I know that those feelings are stronger than the ones you have for Stefan. You need to let yourself fall Elena. He won't hurt you. I've seen the way he looks at you. I have been around for a long time. Even Katherine, who has been around longer, sees it. You two belong together," I said. She sat there for a moment but before she could reply Stefan came running into the house. "It's time. We found a way," he said looking at me knowingly. I nodded. "Let's take you there," Stefan said grabbing Elena's hand. "Stefan, I can do this on my own," Elena said pulling her hand away from his and walking out the door. "Let her go Stefan. She needs him more," I said softly. He whipped around to look at me. "We are blood. Why would you wish this on me?" he growled. "Because I am his daughter and her ancestor. They belong together," I said before walking out. I would be waiting in the shadows. All of the innocent lives that Klaus took would be revenged.

XXX

Elena had watched Jules die before her eyes and then Jenna. Damon was rescued by Ric and I was watching the ceremony. John would sacrifice his life for Elena to wake up. It was something that would make up for what he did to the poor girl for so many years. Now was the time for the last sacrifice. I watched as Klaus drained Elena dry. It didn't take long for his eyes to start changing. I felt my bones start to shift. This was it. That was when Stefan and Damon rushed in. I jumped from my hiding place to confront Elijah and Klaus. My lips were drawn back in a snarl and my fangs had descended from my gums. My eyes had stayed the same, except now they glowed.

"What is she?" Elijah growled. "I was born from Georgina Flemming, my ancestor was Tatia. My father was Damon. Katherine turned me and Tatia took the blood from your mother to make my curse. I am your half-sibling, I am also a hybrid," I snarled at Klaus. Then I stopped. His eyes were locked onto mine. I could see his future. And the child that he would create and how much it would change him. I wouldn't kill him. "Go. Get him out of here now," I snarled. Elijah grabbed him and was gone. My father and Stefan looked at me bewildered before I turned and took off. There was something else that I had seen. Weakness. Klaus wanted me at his side. I was family.