Of Love and Blood

I stared into the darkness around me. I had died. It felt like it had been days since I had left the people I cared for behind, but in reality I had only been dead for two hours. Ben was still facing off against my family while Ian had ran. "Hello, my daughter," a female voice said from behind me. I whirled around to see darkness. "Mother?" I asked softly. I would have known her voice from anywhere. "You aren't meant to see me yet. You need to go back. Gather your strength, your return means that those three young lives will live," she said. "Is Ester here?" I asked. "No, I'm human, therefor she can't touch me," she said. "Good-bye for now, you must return. There are things you have left to do," she instructed before the darkness started to swim around me. I felt like I was falling and things just kept getting faster, until I blacked out.

I was alone. My family was gone. I had died. That's when I could hear things. At first, my sensitive ears could only pick-up on the whisper and murmurings. Then gradually I could tell that people were moving around me and I could hear their movements, the floor creaking, the person shifting their weight. I was almost ready to wake up. I just was waiting on something. That's when I heard the voice. "Hayley! Wait, you don't understand," the deep voice said. "Get away from her! I'll rip you limb from limb!" Klaus growled. That's when I decided I was ready. I shot off the table and in front of the man. I looked like an animal. My eyes were flames of a blue ice and a lush, green forest. He was mine.