Chapter 17 - Evil gone forever

Dead. She thought she was dead when Shyam pulled trigger of the gun. But the horrified screams, agitated cries and the yawps of Shyam, proved her state of still being alive. Everything felt hazy when she opened eyes. Vaguely she could see ladies supporting the collapsed Nani, men beating the hell out of Shyam, and Khushi trying to stop them from killing him.

Lavanya heard someone saying, "Are you okay?"

Looking around, she only then realized that she was laying down on the floor and was being hovered by a masculine body. Moving her gaze up, she got enchanted by the honey-colored eyes looking at her with concern. Forgetting the situation they were in, for a moment she let herself lose in the warmth of the body that enveloped her. A sudden shake brought her back into reality.

"Hello, Miss, are you alright?" he asked.

She self-chided for losing it and simply nodded. Her gaze moved to his shoulder and discovered that he was shot.

"Oh...Oh my God! You...you're shot!!!" Lavanya exclaimed, and sat up.

"What?" He looked at the wound and chuckled, "Whoa.... I really got shot."

"What's so funny?" she asked, bemused, helping him up.

"I don't know." He replied, admiring her features.

She averted her gaze from his reluctantly, and called out, "Chamkili!! Cham.... Khushiii!!!! Come here."

Khushi gasped in horror seeing NK and dashed to them, shouting, "Please stop! You will kill him. Look, Nanheji is injured!"

That brought them back. With a final punch, Arnav shoved Shyam to Police, who immediately dragged him out and Akash went with them to the station. Arnav took in the condition of the house, collapsed Nani and Nk shot. Immediately, he called in for a doctor.

~*~*~

One hour later :

Settling Nani down on the bed properly, a doctor stepped out to where the whole family was gathered.

"She's fine but stressed out a bit. Just keep the atmosphere in the house tension-free."

"Thank you, Doctor. Any medicines?" Anjali asked.

Doctor just smiled, "Not needed." And left from there.

Silence filled the room while they were waiting for the other doctor to finish treating NK. Akash entered and broke the quietude.

"Bhai, Shyam will be appearing in the court tomorrow. We need to go and give our statements."

"Alright, we both will go." Arnav stated.

"Uh... Di is needed as well, Bhai."

"What?! No!!! Di is not going to the court and see that swine again."

"The more evidence the better. She is one of the main victims. She has to come." Akash reasoned.

"But.."

"Chote, I will be fine." Anjali said.

"Di, you... "

"Let me face him one last time." She said firmly. "You will be with me, right? I won't be alone."

"I will come as well." Khushi said.

"Why?" Arnav barked with mild irritation.

"Because I too am one of the main victims." She said, sitting beside Anjali.