Chapter 30 - Reunion

Please read the note at the end.

--##--

Arnav woke up feeling groggy. The time said it was 10 in the morning. He wondered why he was still feeling drowsy and tired despite having slept soundly. He stretched, still sitting on the bed, and smiled hazily. Air hit him as he removed the covers. Confused, he looked around his almost wrecked room and scanned his messy bed. What had happened?

His hand found pieces of white cloth in his quilt, his lips felt slightly swollen, and his chest felt oddly tingly. Looking down, he was startled to discover himself shirtless with some faint nail scratches on his chest. He picked up a bit of the cloth and upon extensive scrutinization, everything that had happened last night came back to him.

"Oh no," he whispered, holding his head.

Arnav surely felt guilty for losing control over himself. Though nothing much had happened except him making it to the second base, there were some certain boundaries he wouldn't cross had he been sober. Not that he was extremely drunk and senseless, but he was intoxicated enough to lose his self-restraint and expose a tiny part of his desire to her.

He wasn't regretting one bit, it was Khushi he was worried about. If she was sitting in her room, shaken, for what took place, he would be done! He wouldn't forgive himself. He constructed a plan to bring Khushi out of her apparently miserable state and apologize right away.

A small squeal attracted his attention. Looking up, he found a floating eye at the door. What, floating eye? He rubbed his eyes and scanned thoroughly. It wasn't any floating eye, it was Khushi. She was peeking into his room, her whole form hid behind the wall.

He was so pleased! If she herself came to his room, then it was possible that she wasn't eminently upset.

"Khushi?" he called tentatively. "Please, come in."

As she entered, he did not expect to see her that way. She was wearing a salwar suit that covered her entire body; only her head, palms, and feet were visible; her face was all red and lips were visibly well-kissed; she was holding a glass of liquid in her trembling hands; and foremostly, there was a huge, tight, nervous, fake smile etched on her face.

"I... I br... brought lemon j... juice for you," she stammered, trying hard to maintain a straight, plastic face.

His guilt increased and he needed to apologize, "Khushi, last night---"

"N... nothing happened!" she shrieked, wide-eyed.

"No, I--"

"I am telling you, right!" she dashed and sat on his bed, "Nothing happened last night!"

"But---"

"You just had a glass of wine, you drove us home and we went straight to bed in our respective rooms. That's it!"

"Huh?"

"Yes," she nodded head vigorously. "I know you won't be remembering any of that because you'd had some alcohol. Your head must be hurting terribly, doesn't it?"

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Offo, Arnavji! I watched countless films where people consume alcohol and they don't remember anything happened while they were intoxicated and wake up with a splitting headache. Same happened to you also, don't worry," she handed him the glass.

"Have this, it's lemon juice. It will take care of your headache," she explained, putting up the fakest smile possible.

Arnav processed what she was thinking. His naïve Khushi thought that everyone would suffer from mini amnesia when they consumed alcohol, and she now firmly believed that he didn't remember anything that happened the previous night which could be why she was still before him, attempting to maintain a casual composure.