Chapter 11 - Introspection

Driving rashly to the outskirts of the city, the car came to a screeching halt in a desolated corner. The area was all deserted. No living soul or moving vehicle could be seen within a mile diameter. He hit the steering wheel with his clenched fists and got out of the car.

Arnav started to pace around unable to take in what he had been just told, unable to resolve what to believe or what to do. The fast thudding of his heart and trembling limbs was making him giddy. He knelt on the ground as his legs gave up, not even hearing the loud rumbling of thunders.

Closing his eyes he remembered what relation he, his family and Shyam shared...

.
.
.
.

"Hello, Mr.Arnav Singh Raizada! Never in my dreams had I ever thought I'd meet you." Shyam greeted to which Arnav just nodded.

"I know you must be feeling all strange. Me and your sister. The whole world knows what your sister means to you, what your family means to you. It must be hard for you to trust a stranger like me with your sister. But keep your faith in me, I will always love her and will always take care of her." He assured Arnav.

Something in him made Arnav's heart warm. He felt like he could trust him with his sister.

Patting Shyam's shoulder, "It's Saale Saab, Jijaji." he said.

Shyam smiled.

.
.
.
.

"Chote, I will miss you. I will miss everyone." Anjali cried, hugging Arnav during her bidhaai.

Arnav hugged her tight. After they parted, Shyam stepped towards them.

"I never had any family of my own. I can understand how you both are feeling​. Don't worry, Rani Sahiba. After my work in Luckhnow is done, we can shift to Delhi in a couple of months." Promised Shyam.

The siblings felt blessed to get an understanding Husband/B-I-L.

.
.
.
.

"How are you, Damadji?"

Whole family greeted Anjali and Shyam who visited Raizadas 5 weeks after their marriage.

"Though I have my Rani Sahiba with me, I miss her family very much, Naniji. So, I wraped up all my work at Luckhnow and now we are shifted here." Shyam revealed, surprising everyone.

"Sach, Shyamji?!" Anjali asked, all elated.

"Haan, Rani Sahiba. But the house we'll be living in is at the other end of the city." he replied.

"At least you are going to live in the same city." Arnav said, smiling softly.

.
.
.
.

"Do you really have to leave this soon?" asked Nani.

"Yes, Naniji, or else it would take hours to reach home due to traffic. Don't worry, Naniji. We will visit you in the next weekend." Said Shyam.

Arnav brought Shyam to the side and asked, "Jijaji, if you don't mind, can I ask you something? Consider it as a request."

"Sure."

"Why don't you and di....umm.....shift here. To our home? I.. I mean, you would be straining all the time to come here every week traveling across the city. Besides, you... you will be away most of the time because of your work and di... she will be alone at home. So, ummm.... don't take me wrong.I just..I..." Arnav stopped, getting no response from Shyam.