Chapter 14 - The Past

After Mami and Nani left for Satsang, Anjali had gone to terrace to get in some fresh air. She tried calling Shyam many times by then but his phone was switched off. The previous morning she got a call from Shyam, he said that he had to go somewhere regarding some important work, and she bought his excuse but was still worried about his health. She spent a couple of hours reading a good book before going down.

On her way, she met Aman who came there to hand Arnav over some important reports. She, assuming Arnav must have gone to a meeting some where else, took the reports from him. Assuring Aman that she would​ give them to Arnav after he got home, she sent him off. Aman left from there happily not knowing the blunder he did.

She thought to check on Payal but when she reached the room, she was surprised to find everyone there. Arnav was seriously saying something to them. Thinking to join their conversation she arrived at the door unannounced. Seeing her, everyone became alert and started gesturing Arnav something, much to her confusion. And then listening to what Arnav said, she was dumbfounded.

"So, this is it! Aman will bring me the evidence and then I will not even waste a single minute to kick that bas%&#@ out of my sister's life. Shyam Manohar Jha will experience what pure hell feels like when still alive." He gritted out.

What the hell was her brother saying?!!!!!

"What!!?" came a shriek.

Arnav turned around and got an unexpected blow seeing his sister at that time.

What was she doing here?

"Dii!!" he exclaimed. "Didn't you go to Satsang with Mami and Nani?" he asked, still in shock.

This was not how his Di should know.

"I should not go to temple, Chote..." she started and stepped into the room, "...so I stayed back. And I am pleasantly surprised seeing you all here but more surprised listening to what you just said."

Feeling suspicious about the reports she was carrying, she opened the envelop and read the subject.

Private and confidential - Shyam Manohar Jha's evil corroboration..!

"What nonsense were you speaking, Chote?" waving the reports at his face, "And what the hell is this? You made a detective go through a back ground verification on my husband?" shouted Anjali, angrily.

"Di....I.....Wait, where did you get those reports from?"

"Amanji just came and handed me..."

Damn Aman! He was gone!!!!!

"Now, I need answers, Chote! What is the meaning of doing this?"

He once glanced back at everyone who were anxious but they all nodded at him, letting him know that it's the time. Breathing in deep, he led his sister to the bed and made her sit. Khushi and Payal came instantly to her either side. Arnav came forward and knelt before her taking her hands in his. Akash and NK came to his support.

"Di.....Whatever I'm going to tell you......is going to be quite a shock for you. You need to be strong. Just remember, I am there for you. We all will be there for you." Arnav began.

Concerned Anjali, queried, "Chote, Is something serious? What happened to you all?"

And then he started unfolding her vicious husband's tale. With everyone telling the part they knew, she was told everything. At the end there was no one with dry eyes. Everyone was fighting not to breakdown. But Anjali showed no emotion. Neither pain nor anger. She just sat there like a broken doll, and that worried them.