Chapter 20 - Shagun

It had been a week since everyone's come to know about Arnav and Khushi. Guptas returned the next day, and were ecstatic on learning the sweet news. Everyone were eagerly looking forward for their wedding.

Khushi went back to GH, and Lavanya, to London, promising to visit them again soon. Shashi's health had improved a lot. He could now talk but slowly, and stand with the help of someone. Both Arnav and Akash, after the Guptas came back, made sure that Shashi was getting the best treatment and also appointed a private duty nurse.

The past week had been rather amusing for all the Raizadas, except Arnav, as they all got to see the restless Arnav who continuously kept asking when would be the first ritual. Taking pity on him, Nani decided to perform Shagun soon.

It was the day of Shagun. The whole Raizada clan was going crazy looking after the arrangements, taking care to make everything perfect for their Prince Arnav, and to pacify him as he had been denied to come to GH for the ceremony. All was set and ready to go.

"Manorama, please make it fast. Everyone is ready but you. All are waiting for you." Mama requested his wife.

"Hello Hai Bye Bye! Just wait! It is my dear nephew's first wedding ritual. I have to look extra beautiful, don't I?" Mami said, applying her blush. "And I am done! How do I look?"

As much as he wanted to say that she looked like a clown, Manohar kept shut.

"Lovely." He managed to mutter. "Shall we leave now?"

"Yes, yes!"

Manorama began digging her wardrobe.

"What now?" Manohar exasperated. "Manu, you've already taken so long and delayed everyone. How much more time do you want to get ready? This is the limit...."

"Quiet. I've found it!" she exclaimed, bringing out a gift-wrapped box. "Now, we can go."

"What is this?" Manohar asked, scanning it.

"This? A present from me to that Phati Sadi."

"What! Why sudden affection?" he asked, surprised. "I observed that you've started calling Payal bitiya 'Bahu' instead of 'Khoon Bhari Tang', and now a special gift for Khushi bitiya. Has this Manorama become tender towards the Daughter-in-laws of this house?"

"Of course, not! I am the first Daughter-in-law of this family, and will always be the one with control over them both. You should know that I will never soften down towards them! This gift.....it... it's because Arnav bitwa loves that Phati Sadi. I thought he would feel happy."

"When has he ever cared about presents?"

"I...Well....You stop your investigation!"

Manorama sped down leaving behind her husband chuckling as she failed to conceal her fondness towards Payal and Khushi.

At the porch, Nani noticed Mama and Mami reaching them.

"What is this, Manorama? See, everyone is waiting for you. Go, get seated in the car." Nani instructed Mami.

"And Manohar beta, have you seen Chote anywhere?"

"No, Ma."

"Nani, Chote furiously left for the office even before we woke up. He is so angry because we denied him to come along with us for Shagun." Anjali answered while laughing. "You get in the car now."