Chapter 26 - Mending broken pieces

Note :

• Last part was my first try in writing violence and I did think that I sort of went overboard with violence after publishing it. Sorry for the pain. I just wanted to show how cruel Ankush was. Also sorry for killing the unborn, the choice was between Akask and the baby.

• No one's comment had hurt me. I just felt bad seeing you all feel bad.

• This chapter also contains mild violence and very light cussings.

--##--

"Khushiji, we are here!" said Anjali, waving her hand.

"Namaste, Naniji, Di," greeted Khushi.

Garima and Khushi sat on the steps of the temple beside Nani and Anjali.

"Have you taken darshan?" asked Nani.

"Yes, Maaji," replied Garima.

Whenever they met, there would a joyous atmosphere around them which was absent now.

"Payal bitiya?" asked Garima, breaking the gloomy silence.

"She is slightly better now, Aunty," said Anjali. "Mami is taking great care of her. Why don't you visit her today? It is always Khushiji and Shashi uncle that drops by."

"Jiji and I cannot see her without crying, and that would only upset Payaliya," answered Garima, sniffling.

"Garimaji, I cannot apologize enough for..." began Nani.

"Maaji, please. Don't be sorry for something which wasn't your mistake."

"But the disputes with Ankush was ours, still Payal bitiya had to suffer without any of her fault. Even your family got dragged into this."

"I thought our family was one," said Garima softly.

They all smiled in agreement.

It had been 2 weeks since the incident took place which blew every one. Ankush, Yadav, and some of his men were sent to prison. Everyone returned to Delhi and were trying to get back into normalcy. But was it easy?

Payal and Akash were traumatized at the loss of their unborn. Mami and Mama were trying their best to comfort them. Mami didn't hold Payal responsible for the loss, instead, she and Payal grew closer. Slowly they had accepted the agonizing truth, grateful that at least no one else got harmed.

Not a single day had passed without Nani or Anjali breaking down. They couldn't help but curse Ankush Malik for destroying their families and other innocent people. When Arnav remained silent during the court hearings, it was them both who took the matter into hands and made sure he got a lifetime imprisonment.

NK was the only one who handled people at Shantivan and worked in the place of Akash, and Arnav, when he wasn't in Delhi. He was the only reason why everyone wasn't mourning 24/7 and why Shantivan hadn't turned into a depressed asylum.

The Guptas were no better. Garima was devastated on knowing that her sister and brother-in-law were murdered; and also the loss of her unborn grandchild crushed her. It was once again proved that in hard times you would only have your family as support and they would provide you the strength to go on, just as Shashi, Buaji, Garima, and Khushi did.

In those 2 weeks, no one had heard from or seen Arnav much. It was like he went back into his former ASR-self; cold, distant, and emotionless; but this was even worse. He became completely withdrawn. His family preferred ASR to this stoical Arnav. He was bottling-up his emotions about the whole incident. That, his family could tell!