Chapter 37 - World, meet Mrs.ASR

Note - No proofread, utter crap and contains lots of unrelated and nonsensical stuff. Please, don't kill me.

--##--

They knew that one of the topmost business tycoons in Asia tying the knot in a simple manner privately would drive everyone, especially the media, crazy. Which was why the Raizadas had held a very grand reception at the finest conventional hall in Delhi the day after their wedding. From business partners to long-lost distant relatives, everyone they knew had been invited.

There were no excuses for Khushi this time, she had to look her best at the wedding reception. Anjali, Payal, and Lavanya convinced Khush into getting the best makeover possible by one of the most professional cosmetologists in the country. Though she took a lot of time in doing the makeup when she was done, Khushi was hardly recognizable.

Wearing a designer teal blue color saree that has intricate, heavy work and a dazzling silver blouse along with matching diamond jewelry and accessories from head to toe - hair was done in an elegant bun with pattern of plaits atop her head, some curled locks let loose; Smokey eyes, contoured features, and bold red lipstick; Khushi's transformation was stunning.

The makeup artist felt proud seeing the over-enthusiastic reactions of Anjali, Payal, and Lavanya. But Khushi was literally stunned and wasn't moving at all as she was almost threatened by her cosmetologist to not ruin her art after discovering how clumsy Khushi could get.

"Oh my God! Chamkili, you look fabulous!"

"Really, Khushiji! Everyone will be left speechless seeing you."

"Say something, Khushi!"

"How do I move?" the voice barely got out of her mouth, yet they caught it and suppressed giggling.

"Just move usually," said Anjali.

"No! Move carefully. Do not smudge anything," told Payal.

"Yeah, or else, that artist might just murder not just you but all of us," warned Lavanya.

The four of them sneaked a glance at the MUA (Makeup artist) who sat in a corner dauntingly, doing something on her laptop.

"I am really scared. I have never got dressed up this extremely. How will I manage the whole function?"

"It will be alright, Khushi. Don't worry much," Payal patted her shoulder.

"Yeah, you really should look very poised today. You will have to face the media, Chamkili. They will just write all sorts of rubbish if you goof-up even just a tiny thing."

"Stop scaring her," chided Anjali. "It won't be that long. You just have to show your face to the reporters and meet the guests. That's it."

Khushi hated the media after she was published to the world in a very humiliating manner a year ago. Now the time had come to face it again. She knew it was unavoidable because being the wife of a prominent personality had it's own setbacks, but she could not let Arnav's reputation get tarnished due to her graceless nature.

"Cheer up, Khushiji!" said Anjali. "You will get to meet our extended family today!"

"Yes, Khushi. I have met some of them. They are very nice, you will love them," uplifted Payal.

Khushi smiled.

The cosmetologist approached them with all her stuff packed, "Alright now, I shall leave."

They could only nod before her intimidating attitude.

"And Mrs.Raizada, congratulations once again," she said and strutted away from there.