Chapter 39 - Love you for you

Note – Forget about logic in this chapter; anything can exist/happen.

--##--

Arnav was shaking with fury as his hundredth call to Khushi went unanswered. Dusk was falling rapidly and she was nowhere to be seen. Frightful scenarios stirred in his mind and he feared for her safety. It was a foreign land and she was out somewhere on her own. What if something happened to her? She would believe anyone just like that. Menaces were everywhere; what if any bastard manipulated her?

"Where are you, Khushi?" he whispered, collapsing down on the couch in despair. "I hope you are alri--- No. You HAVE to be alright! Once she is back to me safe and sound, I will kill her!"

His senses became alert hearing the commotion of a motorboat and immediately rushed outside only to find Khushi and a Jewish-looking boy roaring with laughter, seated on the boat. Once halted smoothly at the dock of their villa, the boy helped Khushi disembark and handed her a countless number of bags. Seeing her back in one piece, unharmed, Arnav was initially relieved but it was soon overpowered by his skyrocketing temper, and not to mention envy.

"Are you sure you won't step inside to sip the magical concoction that I mentioned before called masala chai?" Khushi asked the boy.

"No, Khooshe," he responded still on the boat. "If only my schedule isn't tight..."

"No problem, Bantu---"

"Bantrin," he corrected Khushi. "You know, actually, Baantu is cool."

Giggling, she said, "Okay, then, Bantu. Don't forget to visit us when you come to India."

"I'm planning to visit India just to meet you, Khooshe."

"By 'You', I meant Luna and Bantu together."

"She'd die to meet you once I told her all about you."

At that point, Arnav intruded their never-ceasing exchange and cleared his throat rather very audibly. Khushi noticed him and paid no heed to his seething state of mood. Instead, she brightly addressed Bantrin, ignoring Arnav.

"Bantu, this is my husband, Arnav Singh Raizada. And Arnavji, this is B---"

"Bantrin. I'm Bantrin," he cut her in. "Nice to meet you, mate."

Arnav nodded curtly.

Bantrin's phone rang and he hastily cut it and looked at them apologetically, "Shoot! I need to leave. It is getting late."

Shaking his hand one last time, Khushi said, "I wish you and Luna all the happiness in the world."

"It was lovely meeting you, Khooshe. Hope we'll meet soon!" saying that, he took off on his speedboat.

"Byeeeee! Bye, Bantu!" Khushi waved at him till Bantrin disappeared from her sight.

She collected all of her massive bags and marched past Arnav, completely turning a blind eye to him. Once back inside, she dumped all those bags on a couch. Khushi was dressed in a long yellow skirt and a blue full sleeve shrug and wore heavy make-up which was imperfect. She removed her shrug to reveal a white spaghetti top underneath and stole a glance at Arnav to gauge his expression which was still fiery and possibly boiled up furthermore at her utter disregard to him.

When she showed no signs of speaking, Arnav blew up, "Where the hell have you been all day?"

"Didn't you read the note I left? I went shopping to buy things for everyone since it is our last day here," she replied impassively.