Chapter 38 - The Honeymoon

Note - Very short update and one or two cuss words have been used. 70% of this chapter has no conversations.

--##--

The past many days had been incredible. Arnav and Khushi were having the time of their life, discovering undiscovered angles in their significant other every day. Arnav had certainly picked a marvellous destination for their honeymoon which was one of the topmost luxurious and romantic destinations in the world, Bora Bora. Having located halfway across the globe from India, Khushi had had a divergent cultural experience and totally enjoyed it.

They set off to Bora Bora 2 days after Khushi's Mooh Dikhai ceremony in a first-class suite on the airliner. Landing directly in their destination, they resided at a private overwater villa where Arnav made sure they had gotten as much privacy as they possibly could get away from the other resorts, therefore, ensuring no other person could reach their premises unless summoned.

Khushi loved their magnificent villa and the mesmerizing sceneries they got to experience daily; especially the underwater bedroom suite that had different varieties of fish swimming around their room. Though she had expressed that it was a bit over-the-top considering the huge villa was just for the two of them, Arnav pointed he would always give her the best and that their honeymoon should be one of their most cherished moments in life, and must derive utmost enjoyment.

The following days they had covered many exhilarating locations starting with a luxury cruise tour where they visited the nearby popular tourist attractions like – Rangiroa, also called as 'infinite lagoon', where they spotted extremely rare aquatic creatures and Khushi fell in love with dolphins; Mount Otemanu, at which they both had had an adventurous time hiking up this extinct volcano; Matira beach, where Khushi almost fainted seeing its scenic beauty of the white sand stretches and crystal clear water; and many other majestic places.

Upon Arnav's insistence, Khushi had participated in some tamed activities like windsurfing, kayaking and jet skiing that she had thoroughly enjoyed doing them with Arnav; and some extreme water sports (for her taste) like scuba diving. Despite receiving excellent training, Khushi still panicked going into the deep with different gears and means. But Arnav gave persistent boost and support that once she got a hang of it, Khushi refused to come back up and kept exploring divergent varieties of marine life up close in awe.

Arnav felt that Khushi had had a bit too much of water activities and decided to remain on land for a while. So they went to Vaitape, the main town and wharf of the island, to attend the biggest annual festival called Heiva. All of the colourful display of traditional Polynesian costumes, its sports competition and skills, cultural singing and dancing, and the craft demonstrations came as a whole new refreshing experience to Khushi. Apart from all that, Khushi particularly loved its vegetation and Arnav, the famous Bloody Mary's restaurant.

One day, a cook-off was held nearby and Khushi demanded Arnav to take her there. There was a presentation of many varieties of multicultural food in that competition. She tasted each and every one of them as long as they were pure vegetarian and encouraged all the contestants, complimenting their dishes. Eager to help some of the contestants, she provided them tips on how they could spice up their food and her pieces of advice worked like magic.

Khushi lost her marbles when they spotted an Indian taking part in that cook-off and immediately befriended them. Unable to control herself, she joined the competition, teaming up with that Indian, and made heaps of Jalebis while the other Indian made special Samosas. The combination clicked off really well and everything got sold off like hot cakes. It was not a surprise that Khushi won the competition. Seeing the never-fading glow on her face, Arnav was glad that he had taken her there.