•TWENTY ONE•

Arias POV - Chapter Twenty One.

I hear the door unlock then swooped open. My eyes widen. "Peter?" My voice cracks.

My breathing hitched as I keep my eyes locked on his. He grinned widely showing the wrinkles near his ping ball eyes.

I hear footsteps walking down the corridor of the house. My mothers head popped up from his broad shoulders. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Was all I could say.

I saw my mums head drop. "Aria, is that the way you should talk to your step father." He chuckled making his beer belly jump up and down.

I let out a chuckle. "You are not my step father," I send him glares. "Now move, and let us in." I say with a tone.

I hate this man with a passion, he doesn't deserve to be spoken to correctly.

He looked down and shook his head with a grin smacked on his chubby face. He opened the door wider, allowing us in.

I push past the man while still giving him a look. I run into my mums arms. She wraps her arms around me tightly. "I've missed you so much, darling!" She screeches.

I smile while tightly wrapping my arms around her to. "I've missed you too mum." I say.

When we finally pull away, I see Joe shake Peters hand. I glare at them both before walking over to them and pulling Joe away.

"Mum, this is Joe. My boyfriend," I smile at him. It feels strange to call him that. "And Joe this is my mum." I introduce them both.

They both smile. Joe holds his hand out, and she gently takes it. Joe pulls her close and kisses her on the cheek. "It's lovely to meet you Mrs. Stainfield."  He says.

I interwind my fingers together and watch them both. "Oh please, call me Kathy. It's so great to meet you Joe. I hope your looking after my daughter." She says letting go of his hand.

He looks at me with a smile. "Of course I am." He answers.

She smiles back at him.

I smile at them both. It was very often I brought my boyfriend back to meet my mum, so I am glad she approves.

I look over at Peter and he has already shut the door and he stood there with his arms crossed, staring at us.

My eyes travelled across and they met Joes. He was so confused and I could tell he could feel the tension in this hallway. I know I have to tell him what's wrong but, I don't think I'm ready to talk about it.

I felt uncomfortable here and I could tell he was too, and I didn't want to be like this. I turn to my mum and say, "So, is Laura here?" I ask.

She shakes her head while crossing her arms. "No, she's staying at friends. She should be back tomorrow night." She answers.

I nod. "Right okay, so me and Joe are going to grab some stuff out of the car and we are going to go to bed. It's been an eventful day and we are very exhausted." I tell my mum.

She nods before kissing my forehead. "Okay honey, we will see you in the morning," She says. She sends Joe a smile. "C'mon Peter." She says.