Austin

Thursday, September 28th

Cambull High

8:00 a.m

I decided to walk to school today. I lean against the wall by the door and wait. I'm too sure on what or who but I wait. I watch as some people rush past me, some take their time to say hi or to stare at me.

"Austin!"

I look up to see Brandon and Jaden making their way towards me. Jaden runs up to me and punches my shoulder.

"Dude- wait where's Savannah?" he asks as he looks around.

"I don't know. I decided to walk to school today" I say as I look around the parking lot. Everyone looks the same from where I'm standing, no one stands out.

"Babe" Savannah says she comes out of nowhere and wraps her arms around my neck. She forces herself on top me and I embrace her in a hug. "Let's go inside" she says as she begins to tug on arm leading me towards the door.

I take one quick glance around the parking lot but she's nowhere to be found. I don't see anyone with lilac hair.

**********

Cambull High

8:55 a.m

I sit and class and stare at the front board as Mr. Harrison goes on and on about life once again. He tends to get so caught up on this topic. I try to focus on his talk but I can't help but notice the empty seat next to me. Camila should be here, but she isn't.

Mr. Harrison allows us time to talk as we'd like. Everyone begins to talk about whatever they wanted to. I put my head on my desk and cover face with my hands. I went to sleep late last night and it was starting to catch up to me. I'm about to fall asleep when the class goes silent. Out of curiosity I lift my head from my desk and see Camila standing my the door.

"You're late Ms. Stein" Mr. Harrison says sternly. She nods her head and walks towards me. I get ready to say something but she quickly sits in her seat.

Duh Austin. She was coming over here to sit in her seat.

I glance her as the class begins their discussions again. Her lilac hair is a bit disheveled and she has dark circles under her eyes. The bells rings and everyone gets up and leaves the classroom. Camila has her head on her desk. I slightly poke her shoulder and she wakes up. She opens her eyes and slowly lifts her head.

"Hey I-"

"Austin, Savannah wants to talk to you at her locker...like right now" Diana interrupts before I can finish my sentence. She waits for me at the doorway.

"Go" Camila says as she turns to grab her bag. I sigh and go outside to Savannah's locker that is around the corner at the end of the hallway, but she nowhere to be found. I turn around and see Diana with a smile plastered on her face.

"Whoops. Guess I lied" she says as she tries to hold back laughter. I push past her run back to the classroom only to see that it is completely empty. No sign of Camila anywhere.

**********

Cambull High

4:30 p.m

As soon as the bell rung I walk to Camila's locker and wait for her. When I see her down the hallway I decide to walk up to her.

"Hey. We should work on the project at my house today" I say as I walk next to her at her pace. She looks around the hallway as we reach her locker. "What?" I ask her.

"Aren't you worried about being seen with the weird new girl. I mean as soon as I walk in people stop to look and stare. Wouldn't want to ruin your reputation" she said as she opens her locker.

"I'm use to people staring"

"Oh yeah I forgot. You're the Austin Park. Best looking guy at school whose girlfriend also happens to be the captain of the cheer squad" she says as she rolls her eyes. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take it out to see a message from Savannah.

I want us to go somewhere after school :)

I look up to see Camila grabbing stuff from her locker.

Can't

She replies within seconds, it's almost scary.

Come or we're over.

I slip my phone back in my pocket.

Just quickly go with Savannah and be back home before five thirty . It's that simple Austin

"Uh here's my address. I just need to go somewhere really quick right now" I say as I grab her phone out of her hand and type in my address. She slams her locker door shut in annoyance takes her phone out of my hands.

Just great.