Camila (FINALE)

Thursday, December 7th

Camila's House

11:00 pm

I walk up to the front door and look back to wave at Luke, Thalia, and Austin. The car ride back with them was fun, it was something that I hadn't experienced in a while. Knowing Wilder was finally locked up made me feel at peace, I was no longer afraid of the thought of my phone getting an unknown notification. Every time I heard the branches shake outside, I stopped imagining someone was watching me. My paranoia was almost completely gone, and I was happy to be at peace in my own mind and home.

Before I got dropped off Austin asked me to stay over at his house, but I just couldn't risk his parents finding out about what happened tonight. I know that they'll find out eventually but as long as we have some time to catch our breathes, everything will be okay.

I walk in through the somewhat broken front door. The door does close but it doesn't lock anymore. I grab one of the cabinets and drag it so that it covers the door. The door being shut stops the breeze from coming in, but that only reminds me of one thing, the bullet hole in the window in my room.

I run upstairs to see my room a complete mess, the blood on the floor is mostly Wilder's and I find myself touching the cut on my cheek from his knife blade. It was only a few hours ago that I felt like my life had reached rock bottom. I've known Wilder for many years and a good amount of those years were spent suffering in silence, but I have never been as afraid of him as I was today.

Friday, December 8th

Camila's House

1:00 am

After what felt like forever, I finally managed to clean up most of the mess around the house. The house seemed somewhat clean if you consider everything that happened. My parents have been calling every hour to check up on me. They're trying to leave their business trip sooner than they had planned, but I understand if they can't. 

Hey, can we talk?

Is the message I see appear on phone. Austin and I haven't really been alone or had an actual conversation in a while and I feel like it's time we have the talk that we've had to put off. But just as I'm about to say yes, I delete the message I had typed up. 

I can't. 

Those two words is all I manage to send and I know it wasn't what he was expecting. These past few hours made me realize something and it only scared me even more. The talk could lead to a conclusion that scared me even more than Wilder has ever and I wasn't ready for that, at least not now. 

I sit on the couch in the living room with all the lights turned off. It's so quiet you can hear the cool breeze blowing outside, but it was a calming sound. My thoughts are all over the place right now that I can't seem to focus on anything. Which is why when I hear a knock on the door I jump up. 

As I get up, I wrap the blanket tightly around my body which gets more and more sore as time passes. I move the cabinet and slowly open the door only to be left in shock. Right there in front of my eyes was Austin with a bag in his hands. He was really here..at my house...in front of me.

"Are you going to let me in?" he asks as he runs his hands through is platinum blonde hair. 

"Uhhh sure" I finally manage to say moving to the side allowing him to walk through. I close the door and go to move the cabinet back to close the door.

"No, let me" Austin says as he pushes the cabinet in front of the door. "So..um sorry about showing up here just like that" he apologizes but I can't help but notice the awkwardness between us. We've been through so much together in the past few hours, days, weeks, and months yet there is so much that has gone unsaid. It's almost as if everything has been put off to this moment, this moment is the only one we'll get to say everything we've held back and I guess that's what scares me the most. Putting myself out there has never been easy for me.