Austin

Sunday, October 22nd

Austin's House

12:00 a.m

I sit in the couch as I watch Furious 7. This has to be my favorite series ever. I look at the time and see it's past midnight.

Where's Luke?

I begin to think about where he could've gone. He seemed ready to go to a party, but if that's the case then he must be drunk by now. Since I'm hungry I decide on ordering pizza. I pause the movie and dial the local pizza place. 

After a few minutes if waiting I hear the doorbell ring signaling that the pizza arrived. I pause the movie once more and open the front door. 

"Wow. You're the Austin Park" the delivery guy said as he stared right at me. 

"The one and only" 

"I heard you beat the soccer team's starting lineup by two goals" he said amazed.

"Yeah something like that"

"Well here's your large pepperoni pizza. That'll be $15" I handed the guy $20. "Thanks for tip man"

"No. Thank you for delivering me food. You go to Cambull right?" I asked before I closed the door. 

"Yeah. I'm Tyler"

"See you around Tyler" I said as he walked away and went back inside and closed the door. 

One large pepperoni pizza all to myself. Now this is how you're suppose to spend a Saturday night.

Although it was my first time socializing like this with someone who isn't as popular as me, it felt good. Well the only other I've talked to like this is...Camila.  

**********

Austin's House

4:33 a.m

I feel myself drifting off to sleep but I force myself to stay up. I want to know where Luke went and I'm determined to stay up.

Just as I felt my losing consciousness, I hear the front door being swung open. I get up from my position on the couch and walk out of the leading room.

"Hey little bro" he says with a smile. He seems to be in a good mood. It's hard to tell if he's actually in a good mood or if he's just drunk. I follow him as he walks into the kitchen and carefully watch as he serves himself a slice of pizza that I ordered earlier. "I hope you don't mind"

"Not all"

"Good because I know you hate sharing" his eyes look around the room except towards me. I can't help it but the urge to find out where he was tonight only gets stronger. I can't help but think he's hiding something. Something that he doesn't want me to know.

"So where were you?" I ask as I lean against the door frame. I silently curse at myself for not being able to bite my tongue and keep quiet but I wanted to know. I felt like I needed to know.

"I was hanging out with friends" he says nervously but quickly covers it up with a stern face. "Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering. You don't talk to that many people at school so I was just wondering who you've been spending so much time with" I said bluntly. I can't let him know how bad I want to know because if I do he'll never tell me. This is the way Luke works. If he knows you want something he'll use it to his advantage. It's never quite straightforward with him. There always seems to be a catch.

"Alright then. I'm gonna go to bed" he says as he tries to walk past me but I push him with my shoulder. "What?"

"Who were you with?" I ask and I try to seem the least interested by that's kind of difficult since I'm questioning him so much.

"What do you care?"

"I don't. But I'm sure mom and dad would like to know how drunk you were after the party at Glistening Woods" I threaten. I figured this is the only way I was going to get him to tell me anything. I didn't want to use it against him but I had no other choice. I watched as his jaw clenched tightly signaling that I had him right where I wanted.

"Fine. I was with Camila" he said leaving me in shock. I was too busy trying to figure out how those two ended up being friends that I barely realized when he pushed past me and went up to his room. I quickly turned on my heels and followed him up the stairs and to his room. 

"Why? How?" I ask not holding anything back.

"Someone sounds jealous" Luke says with a smirk. 

"I'm not jealous. But why won't you tell me? Are you trying to keep your friendship with her a secret from the whole school? Or are you two more than friends?" I tease, taking control of the situation. 

"We're just friends" he assures me. 

"So how did you two become friends?"

"Remember the one day you told her to come here but you didn't show up because you were too busy with Savannah?" he asked. I nodded my head. "Well I ended up getting home a lot earlier than expected and saw her in the kitchen. I apologized to her about what happened at the party and the rest is history"

I couldn't but feel like this is my fault. If I would've shown up that day like I said I would maybe she wouldn't be blowing me off to hang out with my brother. 

You shouldn't care about who she hangs out with. It's not your place to care. 

"Well that explains why she won't work on the project with me anymore" Luke lifts his head up and stares at me, almost as if silently asking me to explain further. "She'd rather hang out with you than me"

 We're both silent for a while. Luke breaks the eye contact right away and focuses on looking out his window. He's tense and I know he's hiding something from me. 

"That's not it" Luke says finally breaking the silence. 

"How do you know?"

"I just know. Now get out of my room" he says sternly. His facial expression went from a calm one to an aggressive one as he pushes me out. 

"Alright alright" I say as I raise my hands up in surrender. "I was about to leave anyways" I turn to leave but stop in my tracks. "Just to be certain, are you two seriously just friends?"

"Yes" as soon as I heard this I continued to walk out of his room. 

That's all I wanted to hear. 

Wait never mind I don't care if they're more than friends!

Shit. I don't know.