Austin

Friday, October 20th

Cambull High

9:00 a.m

I'm currently in class listening to Mr. Harrison talk to himself, but then again when isn't he. Camila sits to my right but she hasn't said a word to me the past few weeks. It's been hard not talking to her but I knew I needed to give her space. Seeing Savannah go after her has been difficult, but I figured if I got involved I'd just make things worse.

"Maybe Camila should reconsider her life choices. I mean look at her" Diana said as she gave Camila a nasty glare.

"Keep talking and I'll make sure it becomes a life choice that you'll regret" Camila said with a smirk. The glint in her eyes sent chills down my spine. There is something about her that's changed.

"Mr. Harrison! She just threatened to hurt me!" Diana yelled.

"Ms. Stein to the principal's office right now" Mr. Harrison said without looking away from his phone.

"Thanks. You're doing me a favor" I watched Camila say as she grabbed her stuff and walked right out the door. Maybe I've given her enough space.

**********

Cambull High

4:30 p.m

I close my locker shut and make my way towards the front entrance of the school. I stand at the top of the stairs and quickly scan over the school grounds. My eyes land on a girl with lilac hair sitting under a tree. As I walk up to her I see how much her hair shines in the sun. Her skin looks fair and soft. Her lips are red and soft-

No! Stop. Just go and do what you came over here to do Austin!

I kneel down next to her and watch as she continues to scribble something in her notebook.

"Hey" I say trying to control how nervous I was.

"What do you want?" she says without looking at me.

"I just wanted to see if you sort of maybe wanted to work on the project again right now"

"Nope" she said bluntly.

"Why not?" I try my best to hide my disappointment.

"I have something to do right now"

"Like what?"

"I'm sure you remember English class right?" she looks up at me and I get to see her hazel eyes look at me. They look so warm even though her voice can sound so cold.

"Right sorry. Well what about tomorrow?"

"Sorry I'm busy tomorrow" 

"Hey Austin!" I turn around to see Jaden calling my name. I turn back around to see that Camila is already gone. It's almost as if she was never here to begin with. I turn around and walk towards Jaden.

"What's up dude" I say as we do a handshake. 

"Let's go. We're going to go play soccer" he says as he swings his arm around my shoulder. 

"But I don't have my stu-"

"We'll just pass by your house. Now let's go" Jaden says as he drags me towards my house. 

**********

Riverside Park

5:15 p.m

After we stopped by my house, we finally get to the park. There is a few guys from the soccer team at the turf field. 

"We're playing with them?" I ask Jaden. He nods his head as we continue to approach them. 

"I think you guys are lost. The runway is that way" one of the soccer players say as he points somewhere behind us. 

"We know exactly where we are. We came here to play" Jaden says with a smirk on his face. This guy loves a challenge. 

"Alright pretty boys. Lets see what you're made of" one of them says as he comes into view. "Unless you're scared."

"You should be the ones scared" I say.

After a few hours of playing we were all tired. The games were competitive but we won, 7-5. And when I say we I mean Jaden, me and a few of the guys from the soccer team. We played against the starting line up. 

"I guess you're not so bad Park" the same guy from the start of the game said. 

"You're not so bad yourself"

**********

Austin's House

8:00 p.m

I shut my room door and throw my soccer stuff next to my closet door. It had been a while since I played soccer but it still gave me the same excitement as the first time I played. I don't what it is exactly, but every time I see the soccer ball I forget about everything. My worries and problems disappear into thin air and the only thing that matters to me at the moment is playing the game. I use to play soccer when I was little but one day I just stopped. I guess I let the popularity at school get to me and left behind the one thing that was good for me at the time. I left behind the cleats and the ball and began to focus on my reputation and looks. 

Being off the soccer field has allowed my thoughts to wander, like how they use to a few hours ago. But they all seem to go to one place. Camila. 

You can't think of her. You're with Savannah. You love her. 

I just can't help but think about what plans Camila can possibly have that she can't work on the project tomorrow. 

**********

Saturday, October 21st

Austin's House

8:00 p.m

I walk into the kitchen and grab a slice of pizza. I close the kitchen door and walk into the living room to see Luke sitting on the couch. 

"Hey Luke" I say as I sit across from him on the floor.

"What's up"

"Wanna hang out tonight? I feel like we haven't hung out in a while" the last time Luke and I hung out was during the summer, but thats only if you don't count the night at the woods where I drove him home and the fact that I live with him. 

"You're right, we haven't hung out in a while, but I actually have plans tonight" he says as he nervously scratches the back of his neck. 

"That explains why you're all dressed up. But what exactly are these plans? Because I can't seem to find anything better than hanging out with me" I notice Luke shift in his seat. He's hiding something from me. 

"You're but I can't cancel now" he looks at his phone. "Would you look at that, I have to go" I watch as he gets up and walk towards the front door. "See you later little bro"

There I was, sitting on the couch with nothing to do.

What a great way to spend my Saturday night.