Camila

Wednesday, November 8th

Camila's House

9:00 p.m

I feel Austin's lips on mine and as much as I want to resist, I can't seem to find the strength to. I know this is wrong but it feels so right. My arms wrap around his neck and I pull him down closer towards me. I felt his body tense under my touch but it quickly relaxed. Before it went any further my phone began to ring and we both quickly pull apart. Austin pushed himself off of me and moved to the opposite side of the bed.

"I'm sorry" he quickly apologizes. I open my mouth to say something but the sound of my phone ringing again catches my attention. I rush to my desk and check my phone. Wilder is calling me. I look at the time and see that it's past nine.

Shit.

"I have to go/I have to go somewhere" Austin and I say at the same time. I grab my phone and keys as we both head out my room and towards my front door. I shut the front door and make eye contact with Austin, but it doesn't last long because just like that he turns around and walks away from my house. I make my way towards my parents' car, since the place I'm meeting Wilder is on the other side of town, and speed down the street.

I'm in so much trouble...

**********

Abandoned Building

9:30 p.m

I quickly park the car and make my way towards the entrance of the building. As I walk through I look at my surroundings. There are some holes in the walls and the place overall looks destroyed. I can't imagine why Wilder chose this out of any other place in the whole town.

"Hello?" I say out loud hoping to get a response. But the only response I get is of a rat that runs right by my feet. I scream and jump for a few seconds, too scared to look down at the ground. It's not like I can see much because the only light in here, is the moonlight that shines throw the holes and cracks of the building.

"So you finally decided to show up" I quickly turn to see Wilder standing right before my eyes.

He hasn't changed at all, I'm surprised he still remains in shape after the amount of alcohol he drinks. He's tall and you can see how built he is because his shirt fits somewhat tight, outlining his muscles. He wears a short sleeve shirt that shows off his tattoos. His brown hair is tousled to the right of his face, showing off his dark brown eyes. Once upon a time I would want them to look at me and only me, but now I only feel fear every time they so much as glance in my direction. At first he has that mysterious look, but he's a mystery I regret going after.

"I'm sorry" I whisper loud enough for both of us to hear.

"I don't care. You know that doesn't cut it for me. You were late after I specifically told you to be here at nine. But you decide to show up half an hour late" he says as he walks around me.

"How did you even find me?" I gather up the courage to ask.

"Don't talk!" he yells at me, causing me to flinch. I haven't felt this fear in a while. "You thought you could leave me, but you were wrong!" he comes up to me and grabs a hold of my neck. He leans in and whispers in my ear, in a threatening tone. "You'll always be mine"

Fear overflows my body. The guy I have spent the past few months running from has found me, the worst part is that the people who saved me aren't here this time.

Mom...Dad...help me...

I wanted to scream for them to help but it was no use. Wilder's grip on my neck was too tight to find the strength to say any words, and even if I did they wouldn't hear me. They're on the other side of the world.

"Go on. Cry!" he screams in my face, but I fight back the tears.

I finally gather enough courage and swing my leg back, kicking him who knows where. All I know was that I was given the chance to get out of his grip and fell to the floor. I tried to catch my breath but it got stuck in my throat and I ended up coughing every time I try to catch my breath. The sound of footsteps getting closer to me make my mind shut down. All I see when I look up, is the vein that pops out on Wilder's forehead when he's really, really mad.

You so did it now...

"Please..." I plead with a shaky voice as I cover my face.

I have already convinced myself into believing if I don't see it happen, it all hurts less in the end. And just like that I felt the pain go through my body as Wilder kicked the side of my stomach tipping me over onto the floor. He stopped for a moment and I tried to get up but I only made it worse. At impact I felt the pain of his punches and kicks. I tried to hold onto my consciousness but it I couldn't hold onto it for much longer, finding myself surrounded by only darkness.

**********

Thursday, November 9th

Abandoned Building

3:00 p.m

My eyes slowly open to the sunlight shining right at my face, blinding my vision. As my eyesight adjusts the sunlight the only thing I see is my parents' car in the lonely parking lot. I use my arms in an attempt to lift my body, but the sharp pain that I feel as I force myself to stand causes me to fall back on the floor. Memories of what happened last night flash through my mind. I quickly look around for any sign of him, but it was almost as if he was never here to begin with.

After many attempts, I managed to stand up and get in my car. The pain was unbearable but I had to find a way to hand it if I ever wanted to make it home alive. I turn on the ignition of the car and use the rest of my strength to make it home, somewhat alive.

**********

Camila's House

3:50 p.m

I find myself in front of my mirror in my room. I stare at my dirty and blood stained clothes. Unable to believe I let it happen again. I promised myself I would never let myself get abused like this again, yet here I am barely managing to stand.

Why?...

That single word kept on going through my mind as I showered.

Why?

I washed myself at least four times hoping to wipe away all the pain in the process but it was no use. I felt dead and the only thing about me that stayed strong was my hair. It's lilac color stayed strong, for me it meant that I was still alive. No matter how many times Wilder hurt me, as long as my hair had its color, I still had a spark left in me that can't be burned out easily. 

I put on my pants and stood with my bra on in front of my mirror. I kept my eyes closed for a few seconds, not wanting to see my body, but at one point I had to. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see the bruises left, some were worse than others. I forced my eyes to look at myself for a few seconds.

I can't let anyone find out.

As I held my shirt in my hands I looked at myself one last time, and that's when I saw him. I feel my whole body freeze as we make eye contact through the mirror, not allowing me to move from the position I was in. I was completely frozen, but one word repeated itself in my mind.

Why?